Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: anti 1080 people threatening doc helicopter operators.

anti 1080 people threatening doc helicopter operators.

anti 1080 protestors threatening helicopters and people involved in 1080 drops.a bit over the top to threaten to kill people I think .I don't like 1080 myself but it is going to the extreme to threaten and claim they have more guns than the police.makes genuine hunters and people against 1080 look bad when a few nutters do this.

It'll be one idiot claiming to be a spokesperson for all. Probably mentally deranged.

Not a good look for hunters in NZ that's for sure. More fuel for the antis.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Don't include me on the list!! Its pisses me off when the tar brush comes out!! Say it as it is "one, or a few Fwits are threatening to do it" Not "HUNTERS" but who's twisting who's arm? Hunters sounds much better than the truth and riles many more people? Orchestrated?
    tetawa and tiroatedson like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    It'll be one idiot claiming to be a spokesperson for all. Probably mentally deranged.

Not a good look for hunters in NZ that's for sure. More fuel for the antis.
    Well the last 1080 scare ended up being someone from within the poison/pest control industry.

SiB
    Did I hear something about 300+! red deer poisoned from a 1080 drop on Molesworth recently???

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Did I hear something about 300+! red deer poisoned from a 1080 drop on Molesworth recently???
    Impossible, theres not that many there.....
    Tim Dicko likes this.

Not that I read this toilet paper, but here it is...

Anger after 1080 drop kills red deer at Molesworth Station - NZ Herald

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    Well the last 1080 scare ended up being someone from within the poison/pest control industry.
    Yeah easy for someone to frame hunters. Unfortunately there is likely to be a lot more of this BS it's just too easy to do.

On the other hand deer are not by-kill they are a target species for the 1080. DOC should just come clean. They didn't want shooters in their first because it will disperse the deer into the surrounding areas. Not what you want if you are targeting them. However the deer will be back.

Phuq that will give Cahill something else to beat us up with. Are some "hunters" so stupid? well obviously they are this will really get the public on side.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Don't include me on the list!! Its pisses me off when the tar brush comes out!! Say it as it is "one, or a few Fwits are threatening to do it" Not "HUNTERS" but who's twisting who's arm? Hunters sounds much better than the truth and riles many more people? Orchestrated?
    Pretty easy assumption to make. Especially when the threat is followed up with plans to do more illegal deer releases.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Yeah easy for someone to frame hunters. Unfortunately there is likely to be a lot more of this BS it's just too easy to do.

On the other hand deer are not by-kill they are a target species for the 1080. DOC should just come clean. They didn't want shooters in their first because it will disperse the deer into the surrounding areas. Not what you want if you are targeting them. However the deer will be back.
    What a load of nonsense.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Years ago they knew where pockets of TB possums were ... if they had acted then ... could things have been different ...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Personally I abhor 1080 but as opposed as I am to the use of the hideous poison anywhere in our country, I don't sanction or support this sort of stupid sensationalist threat against people and property. I am proud to have been a hunter and find it infuriating that the pursuit is being brought into disrepute by association. We all know that by and large the media are fuckwits but whomever has made this threat is even more of one.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    What a load of nonsense.
    Which part @kiwijames?

The shooting causes the animals to disperse is precisely what I was told by the manager of a biosecurity team.
    blake likes this.

Guys & Gals....I would suggest that if anyone knows this STOOPID TWAT or TWATS, please deliver them or your EVIDENCE to the nearest Police Station, 99.99% of them are on our side !!!