Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Smiddy
  • 5 Post By 257weatherby
  • 1 Post By gimp
  • 1 Post By doinit
  • 1 Post By Hayden C
  • 1 Post By Lewy_louie

Thread: Anyone been into Macaulay Hut lately?

Anyone been into Macaulay Hut lately?

Hey guys/girls,

As above, has anyone 4wd into the hut recently?
    I haven't been there in years. Do you still have to cross the river at the beginning at lilybank then negotiate up the true right? Or has that route in there now changed?
    Thanks in advance,

Lewy
    I laugh a the lor and pride of man, at the sophist schools and learned clan. For what are they all in high conceit, when man in the bush with god may meet?

Headcase on the other forum is the man to talk to I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lewy_louie likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

sneakywaza I got
    I wish they never put that hut in the valley, between the 4wd club fuckwits and the Timaru urban hillbilly retards grrrrrrr! Was a great valley before then.

If you go up there, camp somewhere, well away from the hut.

It's a nice hut but very busy
    Lewy_louie likes this.

Some idiots will one day trash it. Lets face it it is a Drive through for ordering Thar steaks eh
    Lewy_louie likes this.

Yes, you cross the river at the road end and follow the True Right to the hut.
    Lewy_louie likes this.

Cheers for the replies.

I haven't been in there for years, the first was when Sir Ed visited to open it to the public and take a "bath" so to speak. I have fond memories of talking with him. But many of you are right, the ease of access is a hindrance and is only going to lead to someone trashing it one day. The only reason I was thinking of going in there is due to a mate from OZ visiting in a few weeks time who wants to explore some new country in a limited time frame, so thought $WD to the hut and do a half day mish the following morning before venturing out that day to potentially fish the canals.

Cheers,

Lewy
    WallyR likes this.
    I laugh a the lor and pride of man, at the sophist schools and learned clan. For what are they all in high conceit, when man in the bush with god may meet?

As much as this hut gets used a lot - so it should, its great. If we all use it frequently and "value" it its a good bit less likely to get "trashed" I'd hope. A great place to take visitors, I think we've seen Tahr from the hut every time we've been there (several visits over the past 2-3 years at most times of the year). If you want to get a shot at a Tahr you're probably better off going in the very late arvo/early evening, they'll be coming down.