Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By DCN808T
  • 8 Post By gimp

Thread: Anyone been up the havelock river lately

Anyone been up the havelock river lately

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has driven up the havelock river in the last couple of weeks. What was the riverbed like rough or not to bad. Ive never been up there but looking to go for a drive, mainly looking at the bit between black birch creek and the growler.
    Any advice on what to expect would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

If my ultra reliable land cruiser hadnt broken down on Saturday, I'd be able to tell you. Someone in our 4wd club said it was great last he went (two to three weeks ago)

Ps, not the trucks fault. I ignored a problem symptom and paid the price
    Micky Duck and Mr300WSM like this.

Yeah it's fine, Bush stream has blown out so the track is different through there but otherwise it's more or less the same as normal up from there.

Despite the comments to the contrary in the Growler hut book, there are still plenty of tahr, saw 35-40 in 2 lazy half days, make sure you shoot some nannies.
    veitnamcam, Dreamer, Danny and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Yeah it's fine, Bush stream has blown out so the track is different through there but otherwise it's more or less the same as normal up from there.

Despite the comments to the contrary in the Growler hut book, there are still plenty of tahr, saw 35-40 in 2 lazy half days, make sure you shoot some nannies.
    Any footage/ more vids @gimp? Been a while for me, having withdrawals with a bad back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post

Cheers for that animal numbers will be what they’ll be. Just making sure we can get through the riverbed up there ok in a reasonable standard 4x4.