Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sauer
  • 1 Post By Shearhuntfish

Thread: Around mt sommers

Around mt sommers

Yea hi. Have many people hunted around mt sommers area in particular stour river? Ive got plenty of pigs but id just like to get at least one deer. Never seen any. Always a bit of sign and a game camera. But yea. Surely there has to be a few floating around. Ive been high and low. Always pigs.

I’ve only had a look in that area once, a bit further west than the Stour, but saw a group of 4 reds. Wasn’t what I was looking for or expecting to see - came over a saddle and they were lying in the gully on the other side. They looked like they had seen a lot of hunters to me as they instantly got up and ran - and didn’t stop, just disappeared into the distance.
    Gibbstl likes this.

I've hunted the area a bit. The stour is pretty open and although there are deer about as well as pigs and chammy they are few and far between in my experience. I've generally found more deer in the bush around the east side of mt somers and along Winterslow Road.
    Gibbstl likes this.