Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barn Bay

Barn Bay

I have put my name down to head into Barn Bay with a group of tutors and students in mid July , as part of a outdoors and hunting course we are running here at Telford. I have never been into that area before.....any info would be appreciated.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight....your tactics suck

Info on what? Hunting?
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Hunting yes, and also what sort of terrain it is.....

Barn Bay

Hunting options are fairly limited. It's swampy out behind the house and heading north, private land boundary isn't far inland. The river has some nice clearings until about half hour up from the mouth then it closes in. I went for a brief walk south down the coast one morning and saw a bit of sign on the beach etc. The bush is fairly tight until you get up on the ridges. Most of the more open/shootable country gets worked by several heli-operators. There are deer there, but hard to find at certain times of the year. You guys walking in from cascade road??
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

At this stage we are planning on getting choppered in. I'm guessing the open tops will have snow on them by July??

Ok. Open tops are a fair way from the house. And yes likely to have snow on them. You flying with greenstone? Pete will tell you where you might find deer. It's a nice spot.