Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: blaser r8

I owned 2 Sako 85 fin's and I hated them. To this day I still don't know why I bought the second one?? I guess I forgot how much I hated the first one. Later on I took a risk and bought a 75 and it was light years ahead of the 85. The 85's feel horrible, loose action, unbalanced and just yuck. They would suit smaller statured people or women and children perfectly so if you fall into that category then definitely grab one

As far as the R8 goes, I love them. My ones even better now that I have got custom barrels sorted. Currently I'm running a professional in .223, 6.5x47L and 280AI. It would be fair to say they are an accurate system as all 3 barrels shoot in the .3's or better. I think there's probably a 7mm Wingman in my future as well.

I went with the R8 over the R93 purely because at the time of purchase I was advised that support for the R93 would cease in 2014. That may have been pushed out to 2015 now but the day is coming.

I added a bipod pin from Victor Maskin (prototype at the time of purchase) and its brilliant.

Its probably the one rifle system I wont sell. Once Christiansen Arms make a carbon stock for the R8 it will be perfect.

Talking about them makes me want to go shooting but the weather is sooo shit! I still haven't shot my new .338 Norma Mag from GA Precision either!! Stupid rain!!

Edit to add- The only down side to the Blasers as far as I'm concerned, is the NZ agents. Dealing with them is an exercise in futility. They honestly make you want to slit your wrists. They are that bad. Save yourself a fortune and get superb service and buy from Euro Optics if you want one.
    Last edited by Proudkiwi; 21-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    kiwijames and R93 like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I remember one where it was driven hunts pigs run across the road it was snowy. That one was Sauer unless you're thinking of another one.
    yep it is a sauer duh!!.

Banned
    its not sako or blaser but the shooting is the best ive seen!!
    SAUER 202 - Hunter video - YouTube

Banned
    Thomason and centre are doing the interchangeable system now aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Thomason and centre are doing the interchangeable system now aswell.
    Looks ugly as shit too. Mauser make em, Mauser 03 and it looks good, not sure what it shoots like though.

Mauser: Mauser safety system for manual cocking

Name:  m03_rechts_03.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  7.0 KB
    VIVA LA HOWA

Damn thought blasers were the only straight pull

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I owned 2 Sako 85 fin's and I hated them. To this day I still don't know why I bought the second one?? I guess I forgot how much I hated the first one. Later on I took a risk and bought a 75 and it was light years ahead of the 85. The 85's feel horrible, loose action, unbalanced and just yuck. They would suit smaller statured people or women and children perfectly so if you fall into that category then definitely grab one

As far as the R8 goes, I love them. My ones even better now that I have got custom barrels sorted. Currently I'm running a professional in .223, 6.5x47L and 280AI. It would be fair to say they are an accurate system as all 3 barrels shoot in the .3's or better. I think there's probably a 7mm Wingman in my future as well.

I went with the R8 over the R93 purely because at the time of purchase I was advised that support for the R93 would cease in 2014. That may have been pushed out to 2015 now but the day is coming.

I added a bipod pin from Victor Maskin (prototype at the time of purchase) and its brilliant.

Its probably the one rifle system I wont sell. Once Christiansen Arms make a carbon stock for the R8 it will be perfect.

Talking about them makes me want to go shooting but the weather is sooo shit! I still haven't shot my new .338 Norma Mag from GA Precision either!! Stupid rain!!

Edit to add- The only down side to the Blasers as far as I'm concerned, is the NZ agents. Dealing with them is an exercise in futility. They honestly make you want to slit your wrists. They are that bad. Save yourself a fortune and get superb service and buy from Euro Optics if you want one.
    It would be seriously unprofessional of Blaser to remove support for the R93 seeing they still manufacter them and are in high demand. That statement would have had to come from a NZ agent.
    Sorting my F3 wasnt too bad but the fitting was lacking in knowledge. Tell me more about the Maskin pin Sam. I see something similar on ebay and looking at fitting one

.Bipod Mount FOR Blaser R93 | eBay
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Merkel also do a switch barrel

Merkel: RIFLE KR1
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Who are Euro Optics? They are importing to here or are they overseas and happy to export to here?

A dirty girl poll in the back only something else for them to hit there head on when u crash

K95
    Does anyone know how for sure if you can buy a rifle in the US and bring it home with you? Or can someone I know in the US buy it and send it over? Can they bring it over here and I buy it from them etc? Or easier to just buy from a company like Euro Optic?

Stager sport are faaarking terrible to go through.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana The Flats View Post
    A dirty girl poll in the back only something else for them to hit there head on when u crash
    Good call.

you dudes have some good points regarding r8s. thanks for your feedback. i have a 75 sako finlite in 7mm. at the range today making sure that it was shooting good, ready for fly in hunt this week. saw an r8 on u tube i was impressed with wot i saw. i would like to have a look at one in person, and have a play.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Good call.
    Don't quit your dreams now, i have just the girl........
    http://youtu.be/gKEBziInMBM
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

R93
    You bored Andrew?? That was some weird music? Chick needs to eat something coz she would freeze with the doors off