Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Stocky
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Boots for someone who's new to mountain hunting or to hunting down south in general.

Unhappy Boots for someone who's new to mountain hunting or to hunting down south in general.

I happened across a few pairs of new Gronell Tibet boots for an absolute steal (genuine steal ie @Ryan_Songhurst selling lightly used gear steal sorta thing). Sizes left are 42.5 43 and 46. I fit the 46s and am tempted to buy them for a spare pair of boots for the guiding season in Canada but thought a new/young hunter could use these boots as I get a decent discount with Schnees.

They are a shanked boot fit nice enough. Not a tonne of padding but fit my feet well enough for an unbroken in boot. Pm me for the details and I'll pass them on to any new Hunters.

Name:  IMG_20200123_151556.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  2.80 MB

Link to other thread giving good reviews.
    FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 - Gronell Tibet Boots

Link to product page not where the boots are.
    https://whataloadofbull.co.nz/shop/h...leather-boots/
    chainsaw and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

I just purchased them as talked to the store and they just found them today so I'd say they would have gone. I'll give it a week for young Hunters to get in touch then I'll advertise them to the forum.

Good boots, I have a pair and wear them daily
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Good boots, I have a pair and wear them daily
    The man I was hoping would pipe up. I was genuinely shocked at the price. Brought 3 pairs for less than I have brought some single pairs of boots for before.

TTT

They are amazingly good boots but I'm not new to hunting and can't be considered young except by macca 49
    Stocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    They are amazingly good boots but I'm not new to hunting and can't be considered young except by macca 49
    Good to hear. And young at heart maybe. I've been in touch with Huntsoc in Canterbury but they don't really start up until next month. A young hunter tried on a set today but not quite his size (in between the 43 and 46). I'm moving into a new flat next week so will potentially have to clear space and just sell them to anyone but would much prefer get a new hunter started. I know buying boots when I first moved down south took me a long time as I was a big investment.

All 42.5s gone pending a test fitment. Was hoping more new hunters out there.