Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By sometimes1
  • 2 Post By Ingrid 51
  • 1 Post By scotty
  • 2 Post By Woody
  • 1 Post By tiroahunta
  • 1 Post By ZQLewis
  • 1 Post By Mooseman

Thread: On borrowed time

On borrowed time

I haven’t been on the forum for a bit found out couple of months ago that I have a inlarged heart no operation can fix it so now taking a whole heap of drugs to hopefully improve hearts function and let me live longer haven’t been hunting since July hanging out to do a trip pretty much hunt alone but my wife isn’t to keen for me to go by myself anymore iam looking at doing a trip from November 23rd to the 27th north taranaki woo flu dependent lockdowns etc plan to leave Te puke 6 am on the 23rd looks like have to go the long way be a bit of a road trip there and back got a good camp hopefully someone might be keen to tag along split costs won’t need much gear but must like dogs my little jack Russell rides up front my wired hair pointer Gypsie goes in the dog box hope to end the year with a good trip it can’t get much worse sadly my old wired hair spook passed away 2 weeks ago he was 14 years 5 months it’s been a hard year that’s for sure

I wish you all the best Keil. I’d put my hand up to join you, but unfortunately have commitments at that time.
    sometimes1 and CBH Australia like this.

sorry to hear mate about you and the old boy..... hope you can keep your feet pointing to ground for a while yet and catchup at the usual spot .......be strong
    sometimes1 likes this.

PM sent
    Maca49 and Moa Hunter like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes1 View Post
    I haven’t been on the forum for a bit found out couple of months ago that I have a inlarged heart no operation can fix it so now taking a whole heap of drugs to hopefully improve hearts function and let me live longer haven’t been hunting since July hanging out to do a trip pretty much hunt alone but my wife isn’t to keen for me to go by myself anymore iam looking at doing a trip from November 23rd to the 27th north taranaki woo flu dependent lockdowns etc plan to leave Te puke 6 am on the 23rd looks like have to go the long way be a bit of a road trip there and back got a good camp hopefully someone might be keen to tag along split costs won’t need much gear but must like dogs my little jack Russell rides up front my wired hair pointer Gypsie goes in the dog box hope to end the year with a good trip it can’t get much worse sadly my old wired hair spook passed away 2 weeks ago he was 14 years 5 months it’s been a hard year that’s for sure
    Bro I’d be keen. But we in jail n have shit on. You’ll have to skirt the ‘boundary’ as well or u won’t be let through. You’d have to go tokoroa, western bay road to kuratau, over the punga;(southern side of pureora), to Taumarunui then forgotten world highway to your posse.

Be aware though taranaki will most probably be heading for a level 3 cos of waste water samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Gday mate. Sorry to hear the news. Spook was a good dog! Unfortunately stuck in detention, but as scotty said, happy to catch up at usual spot.

Good luck with that, I've also had a couple of sessions with the cardiologist and a treadmill as well this month, Thankfully apart from a number of murmurs and lot of noise and high BP that the GP is having issues controlling it's all just age related.
    I too would be keen but our dogs would have to get on (small Gordon Setter <30kg) and I'm landlocked in Northland. Can't cross the Auckland boarder.
    Z
    Micky Duck likes this.

thats a rough break bud...you look after yourself and DO those things with family NOW.....heck take a relo along on your trip too.
    bit far for me to venture to join you other wise would be in like flyn @Jusepy maybe???

That's bad news , life throws some nasty curve balls at times. It pisses me off when decent people end up with these sorts of health problems and the scum bags carry on as normal. I am sure you will still enjoy your outings even if you need to take your time a bit more often. All the best.
    Micky Duck likes this.