Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Boutique hunting?

Boutique hunting?

All right chaps, just sit tight and I'll send a couple along to you............

stills first then video

Disapointing!

Machine owner and address:
    Station Air Ltd
    345 Montalto Road RD 8
    Ashburton 7778
    veitnamcam and big_foot like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    fukon retards, bunch of hero's right there.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Does this sort of thing break any rules or is it just looked at as not very sporting?

Sly
    Thought you did well to keep calm - I would have been f'in furious! is that up on the land that used to be part of the Mesopotania station but got converted to DOC land some years back?

Its f*%ken disgusting if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by square1 View Post
    Does this sort of thing break any rules or is it just looked at as not very sporting?

Technically yes, will something be done about it probably not.

Read down the page on the report, you will see 22.3 & 22.4 refer to herding and hazing, which under the heli hunting permit are not allowed.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post

Technically yes, will something be done about it probably not.

Read down the page on the report, you will see 22.3 & 22.4 refer to herding and hazing, which under the heli hunting permit are not allowed.

I cant fathom how anyone can get their kicks out of taking any alpine animal in such a fasion. Its piss weak at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    I cant fathom how anyone can get their kicks out of taking any alpine animal in such a fasion. Its piss weak at best.
    Yes I agree, but there are certain people who don't give a f*&k how they get their "trophy", as long as they do and then get to rub cocks and egos with their mates.

Then add in the "buzz" of "tracking the beast down with a hughes before mowing him down" (insert yank accent) and you've got a product to sell. Many rich "hunters" who are insecure about their hunting ability and need a regular ego hit, or have more money than brains lap this sh*t up. Ethics mean nothing to these people, they want the pat on the back, and don't care how they get it.

Obviously I'm referring only to the guys that do this helihunting and think its ok. I'm not discriminating against rich yanks (or arabs or Asian etc etc), as I know there are a lot of paying hunters from overseas that would always prefer to do a hunt the hard way.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Sorry Josh, down the page on the report? I'm missing something :/

Quote Originally Posted by square1 View Post
    Sorry Josh, down the page on the report? I'm missing something :/
    Apologies mate, heres the full link;

[EXCLUSIVE] Illegal helicopter hazing of Tahr caught on camera - Whale Oil Beef Hooked | Whaleoil Media
    square1 likes this.

Yes I agree, but there are certain people who don't give a f*&k how they get their "trophy", as long as they do and then get to rub cocks and egos with their mates.

Then add in the "buzz" of "tracking the beast down with a hughes before mowing him down" (insert yank accent) and you've got a product to sell. Many rich "hunters" who are insecure about their hunting ability and need a regular ego hit, or have more money than brains lap this sh*t up. Ethics mean nothing to these people, they want the pat on the back, and don't care how they get it.

Obviously I'm referring only to the guys that do this helihunting and think its ok. I'm not discriminating against rich yanks (or arabs or Asian etc etc), as I know there are a lot of paying hunters from overseas that would always prefer to do a hunt the hard way.
    Yeah you are right. Its sad really. Id rather slog my guts out and sleep well at night knowing the few Chamois and Tahr heads I have in my shed Ive got the old fashioned way. Climb- stalk - shoot - descend.
    I think the animals deserve more respect than to be mowed down in that fashion. Pretty appalling really.
    veitnamcam, Munsey, JoshC and 1 others like this.

Bullshit. So sad. Especially on DOC land. I don't see how this is hunting at all. Will be interesting to see govt/DOC follow up with such solid evidence.

+1
    I find it hard two fathom that the pilot or shooters didn't see the 3 people filming them, I think it sums up the brain power of them both, 6 shoots for one thar
    I'm glad i wasn't on that hill I may of done something silly.
    Blaser likes this.

As sad as it is everyone knows it happens. Good on the guys for filming and doing something about it

Shame the cops can't confiscate the chopper for 28 days then if the fine and storage costs not paid it gets crushed along with the guys license
    veitnamcam and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    As sad as it is everyone knows it happens. Good on the guys for filming and doing something about it

Shame the cops can't confiscate the chopper for 28 days then if the fine and storage costs not paid it gets crushed along with the guys license

Calls for "boy-flyer" legislation anyone?
    veitnamcam, BRADS and jord like this.