Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Buller /Tasman biggest 1080 drop in history this spring

Buller /Tasman biggest 1080 drop in history this spring

he largest 1080 poisoning operation in New Zealand conservation history is about to get under way in northern Buller and Tasman.
    The Department of Conservation is planning to carry out aerial 1080 pest control over about 270,000ha of the Kahurangi National Park this spring as part of its Battle for Our Birds predator control programme to protect native species from a plague of rats and stoats.
    It was met with protests outside DOC’s Takaka office this week.
    The cost of the aerial drop was about $4.3 million, DOC spokeswoman Fiona Oliphant said.
    It is the largest area in DOC’s Battle for Our Birds predator control programme, and has been broken up into six operational blocks of between about 20,000 and 60,000ha.
    The Kahurangi operation is one of 25 confirmed Battle for Our Birds operations using aerially-applied 1080 poison over about 680,000ha of conservation land to knock down rising predator numbers fuelled by the unusually heavy seeding in South Island beech forests.
    Six operations have been completed. The largest operational block completed to date is 30,000ha at Waitutu forest, in Southland.
    DOC Motueka conservation services manager Mark Townsend said it was estimated that without pest control, rat tracking levels would reach 100% in November in parts of Kahurangi National Park.
    Jesus f christ

Thanks for the heads up. bugger.

By by rock wren and kea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Blaser, tetawa and deer243 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Dirty mongrels!!!!!!
    deer243 likes this.

One day they will learn that their program is crap, probably already do. But the " gravy train " is too viable so why quit.
    H&K MAN and Steve123 like this.

At this rate the only way our future generations will be able to see our native birds will be to go to a museum. What a waste.
    Using Tapatalk

Bit of a bugger aye. While I realise it is one of the most cost effective and easier ways to do it, it's to indiscriminate. But what really grinds my gears is when they say it is a humane killer. How can it be humane when death can take up to 12 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    he largest 1080 poisoning operation in New Zealand conservation history is about to get under way in northern Buller and Tasman.
    The Department of Conservation is planning to carry out aerial 1080 pest control over about 270,000ha of the Kahurangi National Park this spring as part of its Battle for Our Birds predator control programme to protect native species from a plague of rats and stoats.
    It was met with protests outside DOC’s Takaka office this week.
    The cost of the aerial drop was about $4.3 million, DOC spokeswoman Fiona Oliphant said.
    It is the largest area in DOC’s Battle for Our Birds predator control programme, and has been broken up into six operational blocks of between about 20,000 and 60,000ha.
    The Kahurangi operation is one of 25 confirmed Battle for Our Birds operations using aerially-applied 1080 poison over about 680,000ha of conservation land to knock down rising predator numbers fuelled by the unusually heavy seeding in South Island beech forests.
    Six operations have been completed. The largest operational block completed to date is 30,000ha at Waitutu forest, in Southland.
    DOC Motueka conservation services manager Mark Townsend said it was estimated that without pest control, rat tracking levels would reach 100% in November in parts of Kahurangi National Park.
    Jesus f christ
    This article is from 2014. You can stand down.
    kiwijames, BRADS and Gibo like this.

MSL
    Hahaha

BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    This article is from 2014. You can stand down.
    OOps received a email with the date above so thought this was currant....seems on further reseach its not . But in saying that DOC are planning a huge drop in the region for this year, rumours it be massive , thats what i was hoping to find out but details are still to be confirmed...my source normally has a finger on whats happening...think he didnt check as well as me on this one.

In the local ensign today I see they are planning to poison waikaia again sounds like a load of BS to me they are still wanging on how good the last drop was in 2014 why do it again only 2 years latter !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    In the local ensign today I see they are planning to poison waikaia again sounds like a load of BS to me they are still wanging on how good the last drop was in 2014 why do it again only 2 years latter !!
    Because pests re-invade, and breed?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Because the parasites need to substantiate the Pussy type jobs they have.And they get great pleasure in pissing real people off.
    blake likes this.

Vote TRUMP.
    kiwijames likes this.