Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Can you help?

Can you help?

A mate and myself were planning on going out this saturday arvo returning the next day. The mission to get my first deer and put some meat in the frezer. The problem being were we had jacked up to go has fallen thru just like every other time we've ment to have gone out. So what im wondering do any of you good fellow have contacts or land with deer in the wanganui/taranaki area and are willing to let a newbie and my mate (someone has to show me the ropes gutting,skinning ect) access to such a place? We are responsible and will respect any rules put in place plus share our catch. Please help if you can.

regards
    EVILWAYZ
    (Denny)

Went into some doc land yesterday with no luck had a good shot a a big stinky but as we were after deer i left him. Saw heaps of prints and shit so we were in the rite place rong time i geuss. Due to the weather packed up early this mornning and found a nice spiker on our way out but he spotted us and was out of there before we could even think about getting the rifle out of the back of the wagon.Oh well next time maybe we will get lucky.

its good to be out there doing it better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by falconhell View Post
    its good to be out there doing it better luck next time
    Cheers Falcon yeah was definitly an experiance and am feeling it today lol but yes was good to be out there giving it a go.

Not being a cheeky cunt or anything, but would you give out a few sweet hints for a lazy fallow or three, to a guy called 'evilwayz', and expect him to not rape and pillage your spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Not being a cheeky cunt or anything, but would you give out a few sweet hints for a lazy fallow or three, to a guy called 'evilwayz', and expect him to not rape and pillage your spot?
    lol i can see your point but hey im not out there to rape nothing more just to have a bit of fun put some meat in the frezer to feed the family and while im still learning the lazy fellow or three would make the learning process a lil easier. Hell even if you dont want to give your spot away but take me with you even and show me how you do things teach me what you know that would be awesome also.every one does things difrently ect so more people that teach me the better.

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    PM sent
    cheers pointer

oh and midge cheers for takin/comming out with me this weekend shame we got nothing but cheers anywayz
    mucko likes this.

sweet as just a shame the wether turned agenst us

Quote Originally Posted by midge View Post
    sweet as just a shame the wether turned agenst us
    lol yeah man for sure atleast we packed up when we did with the way it sounds here im glad we aint still in there lol.

Welcome aboard midge good to have you here

ive been on here ever since you told me about it. just dont talk that much

Just want to say thank you to Pointer for all your advice mate and will keep you informed as to when we head out and wether we have any luck.

Falconhell, midge thanks to pointer we mayb be onto some meat for the frezzer so when you boys free to go out.

you know how it is always ready to go out apart from the weekends becouse of speedway

Best shoot your first deer the hard way and save the easy stuff for later. If you really want to shoot a deer why on earth would you shoot a goat and leave it?