Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Coming North in August

R93

Coming North in August

Hey Fellas that dwell in the small island.

I am planning on coming up for a week around mid August to chase some sika and maybe even some pheasants. I was planning on bringing another fella up but his roster is not suited to mine. I will probably find a lurker from Napier way to join me but happy to go solo if he's busy.
    I would also normally go up to hunt around Waiouru but my contact for access up there has moved on.
    I am considering flying in to a decent block. Does Chris Cross have blocks or does he just use public land? Are they busy this time of year if he has?
    Not keen on using heli-sika for a solo mish.
    Neckshot has sorted me a number for Chris so if he is worth a crack I will give him a buzz.

Cheers.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Could be worth sussing @Pointer out for the pheasant part. Hes a lady of leisure atm

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Could be worth sussing @Pointer out for the pheasant part. Hes a lady of leisure atm
    Cheers Gibo, I will keep it in mind if I have time. Keen on my pheasants but more about getting amongst those japs again. I will bring the shotty, just in case
    KJ is not a bird hunter or I would hopefully have him sorting something.

Chris crosse does indeed have private blocks in Ahimanawas. Ring him and he will email you a map etc. Bloody good bloke to deal with by all accounts, although I have not yet met him.
    From memory the blocks have permanent bivs or makeshift huts. Some narly looking country, so may be a bit tough on you mainlanders
    R93, ishoot10s and Gibo like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Name:  cross.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  597.9 KB

You can get an idea of the area from this hopefully, although I don't have the block maps as they were on my old puter and I failed to back up files before it died.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

R93
    Cheers. Looks good to me at the western end. I will give him a buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Hey Fellas that dwell in the small island.

I am planning on coming up for a week around mid August to chase some sika and maybe even some pheasants. I was planning on bringing another fella up but his roster is not suited to mine. I will probably find a lurker from Napier way to join me but happy to go solo if he's busy.
    I would also normally go up to hunt around Waiouru but my contact for access up there has moved on.
    I am considering flying in to a decent block. Does Chris Cross have blocks or does he just use public land? Are they busy this time of year if he has?
    Not keen on using heli-sika for a solo mish.
    Neckshot has sorted me a number for Chris so if he is worth a crack I will give him a buzz.

Cheers.
    @R93 I might be able to get you on base if your keen, i dont think you would need to do a blind coarse with your background.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Cheers Gibo, I will keep it in mind if I have time. Keen on my pheasants but more about getting amongst those japs again. I will bring the shotty, just in case
    Hey, I could have some sweet contacts, but you dis me, and so early into your new career
    R93 and Gibo like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    @R93 I might be able to get you on base if your keen, i dont think you would need to do a blind coarse with your background.

You talking training area Mucko? If so, I am keen as. I wont be bringing up a quad so will be limited. Are they still in zones? I can remember the good ones if they are.
    Na, I doubt I would need any cses as I have done a heap of shit at the school of Inf and Engineers they would have records of.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Hey, I could have some sweet contacts, but you dis me, and so early into your new career

Not dissing you Shagger..........You didn't own a shotty and were not into bird shooting as far as I knew.

Not dissing you Shagger..........You didn't own a shotty and were not into bird shooting as far as I knew.
    Good save......you old brown noser you!!!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    You're memory isn't too shit then as you're correct. I often see tonnes of birds where I go fishing and it may be worth a walk (the pheasant farm up the road helps).

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    You're memory isn't too shit then as you're correct. I often see tonnes of birds where I go fishing and it may be worth a walk (the pheasant farm up the road helps).
    I will be coming to annoy you anyway. I will let you know what I get sorted.

@Gibo @R93 Always keen for a hunt, let us know if you get this far north without turning back!
    Toby and Gibo like this.

You talking training area Mucko? If so, I am keen as. I wont be bringing up a quad so will be limited. Are they still in zones? I can remember the good ones if they are.
    Na, I doubt I would need any cses as I have done a heap of shit at the school of Inf and Engineers they would have records of.
    Yeap quads there already, will ask my bro if he can sort it, i will be heading down to do blinds coarse after calving so i can hunt there to.
    R93 likes this.