Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BSA
  • 1 Post By DavidGunn

Thread: Deer and pigs in the Waitakere's

Deer and pigs in the Waitakere's

Would love to go for a hunt around Whatipu - what are the odds they open it to recreational hunters one day?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...bers-grow.html

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would guess somewhere between zero and nil, not an area that recreational hunting has been allowed for some time. Pig hunted it a few times over 50 years ago, wasn't encouraged, rangers liked to keep it for themselves. Used it gain access thru private property, communes, but many didn't allow, concerns for their "crop"

BSA
    I think it's Forest & Bird ramping up the rhetoric due to the big DOC shake-up that's coming. It will pay for everyone to keep informed via NZDA, GAC, Sporting Shooters etc as there is going to be a massive effort from F&B, Fed Mountain Clubs etc to go after the game animals big time. Note those that want all helicopter flights banned from Conservation land in the CAA submissions at the present. It will be a multi-faceted assault, Hunters pay attention, especially with this Govt.
    chainsaw and Taupohunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA View Post
    I think it's Forest & Bird ramping up the rhetoric due to the big DOC shake-up that's coming. It will pay for everyone to keep informed via NZDA, GAC, Sporting Shooters etc as there is going to be a massive effort from F&B, Fed Mountain Clubs etc to go after the game animals big time. Note those that want all helicopter flights banned from Conservation land in the CAA submissions at the present. It will be a multi-faceted assault, Hunters pay attention, especially with this Govt.
    It would be interested to see the actual wording on banning helicopters from conservation land, my reason being that the land I occupy/own is classed as conservation land but is not administered by DoC, but by local council, at present one could land a helicopter on my land and walk a very short distance and be in DoC land.
    Taupohunter likes this.