Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Disappearing Threads

Disappearing Threads

Is it me, and my inability to use the search function correctly, or are there threads that disappear from this forum?

The reason I ask is a thread I started some six months ago - before the Mosque shootings - most definitely seems to have disappeared. I only know this as I went to reference something from it some weeks back. I couldn’t find hide nor hair of it anywhere. There were some, perhaps, controversial posts in it; perhaps to be considered more so after the shooting. This I just accepted as the moderators cleaning up/sanitising the forum in the expectation that there would be some official attention cast upon the forum.

No problem as I keep a copy of all that I post, generally, and even some of the more salient replies. I still had the information that I was looking for.

Now, just in the last week or so there has been a thread entitled something like, “How is this still legal?” Or some such similar title. The thread pertained to the sale of .22 caliber rifles that looked very similar to the ones in Center fire caliber that are now prohibited. I thought the discussion in that thread was rather tame, nothing really noteworthy or controversial. But now this thread seems to have disappeared.

Can someone tell me or confirm, is it just me being inept in my ability to search for or find past threads or has the thread been removed.

Cheers
    Phil

Threads/topics in the 'Firearms Law Changes' section won't show in searches.
    The thread you mention is in there.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....l-legal-51195/

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Threads/topics in the 'Firearms Law Changes' section won't show in searches.
    The thread you mention is in there.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....l-legal-51195/
    Thanks for that @ROKTOY, that is reassuring.

Not wanting to be a pain, but is there any reason why ‘Firearm Law Changes’ posts don’t show up in searches?

Cheers
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    Thanks for that @ROKTOY, that is reassuring.

Not wanting to be a pain, but is there any reason why ‘Firearm Law Changes’ posts don’t show up in searches?

Cheers
    Phil
    So the police actually have to read everything in there not just search for it I assume lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebayhunter View Post
    So the police actually have to read everything in there not just search for it I assume lol

@Goosebayhunter, whilst I would like to believe that is the case I am sure that if and when they want to troll through this forum they will have the covert communications branch of the government write a small program that will go through the whole site retrieving and indexing all of the information to their required needs. Further more, depending where the forum stores its data, even the deleted material that you and I can’t see, may more than likely be retrieved and indexed as well, that is of course if it hasn’t already been collected.

Scary thoughts to dwell on eh!

Cheers
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    @Goosebayhunter, whilst I would like to believe that is the case I am sure that if and when they want to troll through this forum they will have the covert communications branch of the government write a small program that will go through the whole site retrieving and indexing all of the information to their required needs. Further more, depending where the forum stores its data, even the deleted material that you and I can’t see, may more than likely be retrieved and indexed as well, that is of course if it hasn’t already been collected.

Scary thoughts to dwell on eh!

Cheers
    Phil
    Your right well and truly.