Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Doc Tahr cull figures

Doc Tahr cull figures

https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-re...ightings-maps/

For those that haven't seen the latest cull figures and locations.

Looking at the maps of the kill locations is real cringe worthy especially in Westland national park.
    A huge number shot in the Karangarua which is a main recreational hunting area. Its a terrible loss for recreation and something that we should never forget.

The betrayal from Doc and Sage has been despicable really. The trust will no longer exist.
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.

Scum!

They are obviously targeting females outside the "extinction from parks " zones. Despicable is too kind a description of this government. Extremists would better describe them.
    veitnamcam, keneff and 40mm like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    The trust will no longer exist.
    you have to be joking?
    who on earth in the hunting fraternity has ever trusted this bunch of eco-warriors ever?
    Why the hell do you feel betrayed?
    They were never ever ever going to do what was in our interests, only theirs.
    They have in in the "forest and bird" mandate to eradicate all non indigenous species right down to trout.
    DOC are filled with these people and their minister Sage is an ex senior card carrying member (number 2 at one stage?) of the Twig and Twitter brigade.
    Expect nothing less

Aren't they an endangered species in their native country?
    I can't believe a supposedly green animal loving govt and doc are happily pushing a species ever closer to possible extinction.
    Don't know how they sleep at night.
    veitnamcam, Micky Duck and Cordite like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Seriously; if these morons get their way, all dogs and cats will be eradicated and people encouraged to have tuatara as pets. I can detail this proposal to anyone face to face exactly as I experienced the proposal from Victoria University proff.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Banned
    The coalition of traitors have shown complete disregard for due and democratic process and NZ law in nearly everything they do.
    In typical herr clark fashion they just do it and carry on with no consequence.
    Oh yea,maybe an enquiry
    Mind you when the opposition consists of 1 person the system is broken anyway.
    DOC especially but multiple areas of local and national gvtmnt seem to be run by a fairly small group of extremists
    Do they really have public support for their radical ideologies?
    Why do we let them get the chance?
    Maybe this is the sort of thing it will take to get people engaged and mobilise.
    We all knew this would happen if the ecoterrorists got near the controls.
    Indignation will change nothing on it's own,we need follow thru
    Right or wrong these days it largely comes down to who's got the biggest purse.
    We have organisations that exist to promote and defend our position but these need our overwhelming support not just to be left to it and hope they
    do something for us.
    Why aren't we all wearing Tahr foundation t shirts,caps,whatever,deerstalkers,colfo
    my 2c
    yogi, chainsaw, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

rough maths...2000 animals shot in 125hrs...

That's a bugger in general but, especially the Karangarua, probably one of my favourites areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    rough maths...2000 animals shot in 125hrs...
    It’s 3139 just over 25 an hour
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    you have to be joking?
    who on earth in the hunting fraternity has ever trusted this bunch of eco-warriors ever?
    Why the hell do you feel betrayed?
    They were never ever ever going to do what was in our interests, only theirs.
    They have in in the "forest and bird" mandate to eradicate all non indigenous species right down to trout.
    DOC are filled with these people and their minister Sage is an ex senior card carrying member (number 2 at one stage?) of the Twig and Twitter brigade.
    Expect nothing less
    Well winding the clock back a number of years ago, hunters used to have consultation and a reasonable working relationship with Doc.

We had the Tahr liaison group, which after good communications with the regional Doc guys, would undertake culls in areas that were recognised to have too many tahr.

The Doc website used to put up 'hotspot' areas for rec hunters to target problem areas.

We used to be able to call up the regional office of Doc to find out suggested areas to go hunt.

It didnt used to be like it is now. The age of the extremist greenies taking over with their unreasonable uncompromising attitude has taken over Doc and certainly not for the better.

Wonder how many of the 853 in Westland and 323 in mt cook Were mature Bulls

when I came to south island some 30 something years ago I couldnt understand the distrust of DOC...up north we had sika jawbone things going on and kill returns on permits
    I MAY have been responsible for the kill return thing being scrapped...I pointed out to DOC fella at a deerstalker meeting that I PERSONALLY had shot 50% of the deer and 100% of the chammy his figures had down for a local area for previous 12mths.......

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    The coalition of traitors have shown complete disregard for due and democratic process and NZ law in nearly everything they do.
    In typical herr clark fashion they just do it and carry on with no consequence.
    Oh yea,maybe an enquiry
    Mind you when the opposition consists of 1 person the system is broken anyway.
    DOC especially but multiple areas of local and national gvtmnt seem to be run by a fairly small group of extremists
    Do they really have public support for their radical ideologies?
    Why do we let them get the chance?
    Maybe this is the sort of thing it will take to get people engaged and mobilise.
    We all knew this would happen if the ecoterrorists got near the controls.
    Indignation will change nothing on it's own,we need follow thru
    Right or wrong these days it largely comes down to who's got the biggest purse.
    We have organisations that exist to promote and defend our position but these need our overwhelming support not just to be left to it and hope they
    do something for us.
    Why aren't we all wearing Tahr foundation t shirts,caps,whatever,deerstalkers,colfo
    my 2c
    Unfortunately I truly believe democracy is dead in this country as far as the govt is concerned. The illegal lockdown also proved that they are above the law. If they had announced this policy of extermination before the last election would it have made 1 iota of difference? We will find out the answer to that in a few months i guess.The sheeple just don't care about the wildlife any more
    To busy queing up for the latest i-phone so they can take selfies with three cameras simultaneously and post them on farcebook.
    Last edited by Ftx325; 20-08-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    born to hunt - forced to work

They have smashed all of Westland with 2306 shot.

Not only has Westland national park been smashed, but heavily sort after ballot blocks right from the Landsborough through to Whataroa/Poerua have been absolutely hammered.

Doc know how important recreational and commercial guided hunting is to westland and yet they still did this to us.

Don't ever forget those that have done this to our highly valued Tahr herd just so they can line their pockets and fulfill self interests. They had a choice.

We must not forget about what has happened and take it lying down. The plan for whats left of our Tahr herd needs to be implemented heavily going forward.
    Woody, Cordite, widerange and 4 others like this.