Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By Rangidan
  • 1 Post By bigbear

Thread: Duck shooting, Maybe!!

Duck shooting, Maybe!!

Now with all the shit going on at the moment ,and I can look out my window up to the range and see the stags laughing at us ,I had thought maybe we will sneak duck shooting in !!. Not so sure.Anyway we have had a bad drought this year which is still ongoing , it makes farming hard and duck shooting. Have a nice dam to shoot on a mates place up the road so with water levels low it was time for a mai mai build.We got sorted and had a few family working bees back in Feb. We haven't been back since lookup but did set up autofeeder and mate will feed when he goes past. Still no rain and puddle is getting smaller. Anyways hope for rain and hope everyone can return to normal soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Sparrow, Cyclops, Woody and 4 others like this.

We just got maybe 20mm of rain here but there are plenty of dirt dams here, plenty of ducks around on the river and the ponds that have water seem to have good numbers. Went past my pond couple days ago still got water on it and plenty of ducks. Grabbed my feeder for couple welding repairs. Meant to have a bullie coming to clean out these dry dams in the next few weeks
    Rangidan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    We just got maybe 20mm of rain here but there are plenty of dirt dams here, plenty of ducks around on the river and the ponds that have water seem to have good numbers. Went past my pond couple days ago still got water on it and plenty of ducks. Grabbed my feeder for couple welding repairs. Meant to have a bullie coming to clean out these dry dams in the next few weeks
    Yip seems to be ducks on what water we have. Still waiting for a digger!

looks good,maybe add sheep neeting to outside to attach scrub too,and plant some flax at the front....it will stand water and still add great camo in a couple of years.
    it would be nice to build something similar for ourselves but being on public land it would just become a shit filled mess over summer months with every lazy boatie doing thier worst to stink it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    looks good,maybe add sheep neeting to outside to attach scrub too,and plant some flax at the front....it will stand water and still add great camo in a couple of years.
    it would be nice to build something similar for ourselves but being on public land it would just become a shit filled mess over summer months with every lazy boatie doing thier worst to stink it up.
    Yip netting & scrub was the plan but ran out of time before lockup. Little fella just tall enough to poke the 410 out!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I don't think it would pay to invest money with Fish and Game just yet.
    I’d say huntin’ n fishin’ will be last the last things they’ll let us do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk