Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

F*#ken choppers!!!

Another hunt ruined last night by these pricks who flew in ahead of me! I'd have thought they could've taken the weekend off considering it was a long one meaning a few more of us were out!

AB Precision
    hahaha

makes me laught, i know they are anoying at times but if the shoe was on the other foot there not many that wouldnt do it also

The sooner the GAC gets some rules in place the better. My first two would be:

1. No WARO within 5kms of road ends
    2. No WARO on public holidays or long weekends.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    The sooner the GAC gets some rules in place the better. My first two would be:

1. No WARO within 5kms of road ends
    2. No WARO on public holidays or long weekends.
    Wont happen tho just have to live with it, we all have been interrupted by choppers at times it is a pain

they in it to make a living to i guess at end of day an been self employed like most them are they work all good days like you have to to make it pay

time to change the hunting spot mike

yeh ban the choppers then they well bring the green ran. i know which one id rather have

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Is there a start and end date for Waro in your area?
    Ie: Up here from the 1st of May through to 30th November.
    Or is it year round?

Like Shaka said would have Waro before Green Rain......

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Theres a two week period seemingly over the roar where they don't do it but thats the only rule as far as I'm aware. I complained about two operators in another part of Fiordland last year to no avail as the choppers were hunting directly over DOC tracks and I had photos showing this. Turned out unlike us the WARO operators don't have to be 500 metres from tracks, they can do it pretty much anywhere!

I'm not out for it to be banned and certainly would prefer WARO to 1080 I just want ground hunters to be given a fair crack. A chopper can be out of walking distance within couple of minutes so I don't think it'd be too harsh to have a exclusion zone around roads.

Theres a two week period seemingly over the roar where they don't do it but thats the only rule as far as I'm aware. I complained about two operators in another part of Fiordland last year to no avail as the choppers were hunting directly over DOC tracks and I had photos showing this. Turned out unlike us the WARO operators don't have to be 500 metres from tracks, they can do it pretty much anywhere!

I'm not out for it to be banned and certainly would prefer WARO to 1080 I just want ground hunters to be given a fair crack. A chopper can be out of walking distance within couple of minutes so I don't think it'd be too harsh to have a exclusion zone around roads.

Fair comment mike and I agree but cant see it happening
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I feel your pain Mike, I was down your way hunting late last year & we had a chopper hunt the clearings around the hut we were staying in.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

i here what your saying and wish that could happen also

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar

I can see where your coming from Mike but like Veitnamcam said I can't see it happening.
    It sucks with the cost of fuel etc at the moment for a hunt to be ruined by the farkers.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Choppers are a fact of life around here. Beats the alternative control methods...

Oh yeah thats right, WARO is the alternative to 1080.

Not.

Can't have both in the same place at once crnkin

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Can't have both in the same place at once crnkin
    Thats right and they certainly dont get them all.

Much rather they are put to use than suffer immensely then rot.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.