Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Speargun

Thread: First piggies for me

First piggies for me

After deciding to get into this deer hunting bizo I finally managed to knock something over. Got these 2 on Saturday morning. There has been a few pigs coming out of the bush around the farmers land we live by which I can shoot on. Have spent a few evenings out waiting for them over the last couple of months but to only hear not see them.
    Saturday morning rolls around and the wife on her way home from the local market said she saw a pig running in the paddock. A mad dash to get my shit together and out for a look. Walked for a bit then came to a grass paddock that lead to a bush gully. Don't know if it was the one the wife saw but there were 3 feeding in the paddock.
    Snuk along a pond lined with manuka until I could get a decent look at them. Watched for a bit to see which was the bigger pig. When I could finally get a shot I managed to knock it over. Was about 60m away and had a fence post for a rest. The black one ran for about 20m then stopped and look back which gave me time to drop it also. Was a crazy morning. Man my heart was racing. Had to use some spearo tricks to slow it down. The rest of the day was learning how to butcher them. Great way to start for me and the freezer has some yum pork in it.
    Off next week chasing a deer so hopefully this was a sign of things to come. Somehow I don't think so.
    Name:  20140823_131514.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  941.9 KBName:  20140823_115015.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  1.06 MB

Can any one help with why photos wont attach.
    Cheers

Way to go,an I see two photos

Ahh! but no black piggie
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Can anyone help on how to make them smaller hahaha. Didn't show up when doing original post but must be how this site works. Gunna have to figure out how to make the photo of the 2 together smaller as wont let me add must be to big. Cheers.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Well done. Envious.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Well done ... Nice looking shooter there. Got a few spearguns there as well. Nothing like wild pork.

Good job. The smaller ones will be tastier than the bigger ones anyway.

Could use some piggies meself. Love the Stairway to Heaven poster... In this case, it's a rifle!

Well done speargun. Wild pork is sooooo nice.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Aly
    Good eating!!