Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Foot n mouth

LBD

Foot n mouth

Bit of scare mongering going on in the media, maybe... but what a mess if we did get it in NZ.

The question is, what would happen if FnM then found its way into the wild... Deer, Goats, Chamoi, Thar... we could never be rid of it..... or would we?

Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    Bit of scare mongering going on in the media, maybe... but what a mess if we did get it in NZ.

The question is, what would happen if FnM then found its way into the wild... Deer, Goats, Chamoi, Thar... we could never be rid of it..... or would we?
    If foot n mouth got into NZ and became rampant.....we ( the country) would be in a world of pain n unlike the first lock down, there wouldn't be any hand outs.

I wasn't too worried about covid, foot n mouth disease....scares me.

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Trout, Snowgrass and 4 others like this.

Yup, goodbye all dairy exports, meat trade, everything.

we def do not want it here.

Be afraid, very afraid. Remember what happened in Britain. They basically killed all cloven hoofed animals, unlike France and other European countries. We’ll probably follow the same protocol as GB did way back then. Something to look forward to.

MB
    If it happened, I think that would more or less be the end of game animals in NZ. It would give the government legitimacy to exterminate everything by any means necessary.
    bigbear likes this.

We have had a dose here back in the 70s,guessing. Pig farm at Temuka I dug the hole to bury them.When they released the plant,while loading the farmer reckoned the morning feed was to hot but he called it in anyway.Dont know whether it was confirmed F&M.

LBD
    Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    We have had a dose here back in the 70s,guessing. Pig farm at Temuka I dug the hole to bury them.When they released the plant,while loading the farmer reckoned the morning feed was to hot but he called it in anyway. Dont know whether it was confirmed F&M.
    I recall that I think... or it may have been another time... was not fnm but it was a bug of some sort, not burns.

I remember as a teenager, the Federated Farmers did an exercise on our farm. At that time, they estimated it would take 80 wagons of coal to burn the carcasses (5,000 sheep, 400 cattle). No idea if that was an accurate ratio or not.

The new $400 raised fine at airports for bring in pork etc isn't enough. $1000 minimum and if your bags are full off food see you later. Should be like this any way. We are a bunch off soft cocks in NZ.
    Also if foot and mouth comes a shore there will be a blanket cull on all game animals private and public land.
    you want have to worry about ammo shortage there will be none

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Indonesia always has Foot and Mouth outbreaks . This is the latest - except now we have a sensationalist media blowing this out of proportion to terrify an already scared population.
    No denying that. Just the thought of it is.....terrifying....obviously we can see how this will play out . Demonise cloven hoof animals....familiar anyone.......??

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    The new $400 raised fine at airports for bring in pork etc isn't enough. $1000 minimum and if your bags are full off food see you later. Should be like this any way. We are a bunch off soft cocks in NZ.
    Also if foot and mouth comes a shore there will be a blanket cull on all game animals private and public land.
    you want have to worry about ammo shortage there will be none
    ...yes, no animals to shoot, no reason for ammo....

bigbear likes this.

I remember the pig farm out of Temuka and FnM.It was a big scare for South Canterbury then and would be worse now.
    Micky Duck likes this.

CWD Chronic wasting disease what they have in the USA for deer is scary and shows what happens if a prion disease get out into the wild

"Chronic wasting disease (CWD) is a prion disease that affects deer, elk, reindeer, sika deer and moose. It has been found in some areas of North America, including Canada and the United States, Norway and South Korea."
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Wouldn't it be convenient on many fronts for certain members of our society if this got into NZ. If a couple farmers were able to rock into NZ with the Calicivirus in their backpacks then it wouldn't be that difficult for some militant environmentalists (Geoff Reid springs to mind..) to do the same...
    Dreamer, BRADS, Moa Hunter and 3 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

We have managed to keep it out for....forever. so yes, if it rocks up now it would look mighty suspicious from my perspective.

I used to travel quite a bit, and EVERY time I came back into country, there's customs officers engaging with clowns that have their entire suitcases full of food shit from overseas. Just turn the fuckers around and send them back to where they came from. No ifs no buts. They'll soon get the message. If it gets in, accidentally or intentionally the losses from the last 2 years' farce will look like small change.