Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By Pointer

Thread: GAC gets marched in tody.

R93

GAC gets marched in tody.

I see the GAC gets it bill read today.
    Is it a good thing?
    Personally I think it is a start but have some reservations as to whether it will in the long run, not become a self serving Bro's club.
    I have read a bit about it and did not notice if there is regional representation. I could be wrong on this.
    I am not into supporting a plan that does not represent my interests without sound knowledge of my region.
    I am interested in other members opinions that have thought about the long term not just the short term.
    Improving Waro and getting rid of HH on public land will be a selling point for us all, but where do they go from there?
    I am against paying for a privilage I have enjoyed for nearly 30 yrs if that is a direction they are going. However if I see it going to good use maybe not.
    Where I spend my time hunting is as healthy as it has ever been. Yep there are a few too many machines about but they dont affect my success with any regularity.
    I personally am genuinely happy with things the way they are, so how do they intend to improve my enjoyment of the outdoors and impliment change that will have me supporting them in the future?
    I do recognize the dire need for change in other regions to improve things. Goes without saying. I am just worried things will become universal without any effort or research.
    My 2 cents
    dogmatix, baldbob and scottrods like this.

Time will tell if it's the best thing to happen to hunting in NZ, or the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Time will tell if it's the best thing to happen to hunting in NZ, or the worst...
    Yep I sincerely hope it isnt the latter
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah same here VC.
    Managing some of our game animals is a wise move, but over regulation of our hunting culture isn't. I would be very sad if NZ ended up like certain places in Europe, tightly controlled and over regulated, thus become the domain of a certain few. I would love and hope for my children's children to still be able to do what I, and those before me, have been so fortunate to enjoy.
    dogmatix likes this.

I struggle to see how it could become the domain of a select few. “The select few” aren’t going to throw a pack on and head off into the back country. The deer will still need numbers controlled and WARO can’t do it all. As R93 said, I look forward to some controls over WARO and reducing HH to private land.

I struggle to see how too bremic, doesn't mean it's not a possibility. I hope it works out for the better though