Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Goats for Christmas

Hey guys looking for recommendations on a place to get a few goats for christmas in the waikato region any advice would be much appreciated.

Your best bet is to go to the King Country, or even better, the Taranaki Blocks. Try to get to south or west of Piopio at least. I know it's a bit of a drive from Matamata, but well worth the time IMO. I've had success quite consistently in that general area.
    Not too familiar with the Taumarunui blocks but could be worth a try. Last time I went that way there were countless goats by the roadside, but not a single one once I was in the block.

Gone but not forgotten
    I used to get a lot of goats in the Whareorino forest west of Pio Pio, but that was before the cullers went through. There should still be a few around though.

Door knocking with a box of beers in the Naki near the hunting blocks pays off big time

Cheers for the advice guys tryna keep the covid pandemic in mind an hopefully find some on public land also