Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: A good opportunity to bait the anti brigade !

Spook I saw you had replied to this thread and thought you'd have the answer, well done, post a photo of the mount will ya?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Bitch can stand with one foot on my chest as a conquest...then take me home and mount me.
    On ya Spook. Kindred spirits we two!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bitch can stand with one foot on my chest as a conquest...then take me home and mount me.
    Ambo s on the way just hang in there !!
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Nathan, the "antis" have just as much right to their views as you do to yours

I quite often get an initial negative reaction when telling someone that I hunt. After taking a small amount of time to explain that I practise ethical hunting, eat everything I shoot, and that the meat is 100% free range organic, you'd be amazed by how many people start having a better reaction.

The reality is that hunters are in a significant minority in modern society. You might think that it is a case of "united we stand, divided we fall", I'd suggest to you that unless hunters and hunting organisations make a real effort to improve their public relations the slow death has already started. It's up to hunters to change the way the general public perceives us and our pastime, antagonising them is really not a clever long term strategy
    It is good to see you go to so much trouble...if people don't like the fact that I hunt, I just tell them to get fucked.
    Spanners, Nathan F and Toby like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Gold Spook I can see and hear ya hahahahahahahahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Stalked inside 60-yards on this beautiful male lion - what a hunt
    how hard could it be to stalk a lion, he would have known she was there and simply did not gave a single fcuk as he is top of the food chain. to stalk an animal that is constantly fearful of predators is a sport i think, that's no different to shooting a deer in a fenced paddock.

i talked to a guy in warkworth, south african bloke that organises hunting tours over in africa to shoot elephants etc. After he explained the setup it is fine in my mind, they have too many elephants in the area they go to so they are destroying their own food source, they shoot the old bulls that no longer have dominance and the local tribes go a take the carcass along with a nice donation so it actually helps the locals and their habitat.
    jord likes this.

ebf
    It is good to see you go to so much trouble...if people don't like the fact that I hunt, I just tell them to get fucked.
    Bwahaha, how to make friends and influence people right ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Ebf you would take offence I'd Spook told you to fuck off, you'd just agree and leave!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    So those that don't trophy hunt only shoot hinds and yearlings??
    A trophy is what you want it to be IMO
    If its a Lion, Tahr, 6 point wap or a 4 pointer red, or a smelly wairarapa goat, and you'll proudly display it and tell the tale of the hunt when asked, then go for it.

Just because you wouldn't have one on your own wall doesn't mean its wrong.
    I personally wouldn't have a lion on my wall as I'm not that interested in African species, but the rest of the cats, bears, sheep etc are good to go for me

Not at all anti trophy shooting. Just see no need for Lion,Zebra,giraffe,bear ,elephant etc Comes with age like Maca said . We ll most of us get there one day IMO. In the mean time others can control those populations and good hunting to them all!
    Maca49 likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Each to their own, most of the big 5 not my thing but I would definately like a Cape Buff on my wall one day.

The biggest thing people not from Africa don't uderstand is that hunting is so different there, game farming is a more appropraite term. There is no public land hunting as there is here, it is all on game farms or tribal concessions, the game is counted, managed and quotas are decided on. It is generally very controlled and sustainable (not to be confused with poaching which is uncontrolled and unsustainable.) Big Game Hunting provides the US$$$$$ for poaching prevention and makes the animals valuable and worth protecting, look at what happened in Kenya once they stopped hunting, the game is stuffed from poaching.

Do people get upset because it is a lion? Why is a lion any different from any other animal we farm? I don't see these antis getting as upset about beef or sheep farming (which by the way is farmed where these other priveleged animals used to live!)
    The best way to save a species is to attach a value to it, without hunting a lion and leopard are just stock killing pests with no value outside a game reserve.

Riling up the antis serves little purpose, they are generally not very rational so you cannot argue with them.
    Last edited by Spudattack; 18-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Oh, and up until 1995 lion were classed as vermin so you didn't even need a licence to shoot them! They are not endangered.
    veitnamcam, stingray and Toby like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Mac
    I'm of the opinion that if you're going to shoot and kill something it should be for a good reason and not just for the sake of killing it. Trophy hunting all good but would be a shame to waste the meat, don't see the point of killing something unless you're going to eat it. Unless maybe shit like goats in some areas are out of control and need the numbers thinned out and you can't carry out/eat 6 goats usually! Not sure about lions/elephants and the like eh, I don't think anybody should be hunting anything that is vulnerable/endangered or not sustainable or wasted, that's why so many people get pissed off about the helicopter hunts, 1080 and the DOC deer culling right?
    ebf and Maca49 like this.

she is sick.. b*t*h