Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree40Likes
  • 30 Post By Mad_Fisho
  • 1 Post By Flyblown
  • 7 Post By kukuwai
  • 1 Post By Mad_Fisho
  • 1 Post By Mooseman

Thread: Great to be back in the bush!

Great to be back in the bush!

It was so good to get back in the bush this week!
    At 5am after level 2 begun, I left the Naki and headed for the Ruahines on a solo mission. To my surprise there was only one other car at the carpark and they headed out as I was heading in.
    Spent Thursday arvo fumbling round in the bush spooking a couple of animals. Friday morning I had an accidental sleep in, but once I got out there the conditions couldn't have been better, clear skies and a gentle breeze consistently in one direction. After 20mins in the bush I came across these two. The hind must have heard me, she was barking at me constantly for 30 or 40mins, every now and then I'd get a glimpse of them but no shot. Finally after what felt like an eternity, I managed to sneak into position for a shot on the hind. The young one made the mistake of turning back through the tree gap as she was escaping and presented a good shot also.
    Wasn't the big stag I had dreamed of but they're going to fill the freezer back up and was pretty special being able to get back into the hills after having to cancel 6 weeks of roar hunting plans.
    My legs didn't appreciate the 50kg load on the way out but that's all part of the adventure!
    Was pretty hard missing out on the roar this year, but looking forward to making up for it, starting with these 2!
    Hope everyone else is getting out and about!

Name:  98018256_3180327418697881_1121673628958588928_o.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  206.6 KB
    Tahr, outdoorlad, JoshC and 27 others like this.

Good job, yeah can’t wait, I’ll be back into it Monday evening with a bit of luck, then every day for a fair while. Lots to do.
    Mooseman likes this.
    Just...say...the...word

Nice one. Was good alright to get back into the bush. I only spooked a couple but still was a good day

Onya @Mad_Fisho well done

The young fella and I have just had an awesome time in the bush. No deer were harmed but we both loved every minute of it.

Seemed especially sweet given the hiatus...

Boat in the water 6am Thursday, just home now.

A few shots for your enjoyment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Nice work kukuwai �� Looks like a pretty sweet spot mate!
    kukuwai likes this.

Nice going, we managed a few days down Clements Rd. Nothing shot but we heard quite a few stags roaring but only the He Haw, plenty of rut pads about still being visited by stags.
    We couldn't get any to come in to our callers. Was a great couple of days as I haven't hunted sika for a long while.
    Just a note of caution, we had 13 car loads in the carpark on Friday and my mate went for a cruise down Clements Rd on Friday and counted 37 cars parked at various locations along the way with a further 6 vehicles from the carpark back to Poronui.
    If your heading in there Take Care she is busy. Might be a bit better during the week.
    kukuwai likes this.

Nice mate well earned. That’s a heck of a carry out