Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

haast roar blocks

hi we got block 46 okuru this year was wandering if anyone has hunted it and what is it like cheers

R93
    What period? I have hunted most of the Haast blocks in the major rivers, as it was my back yard. My cobber has that block below 1st period I think. Franklin is alright. I never chase stags in the roar there but got a lot of meat animals there.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

NRT
    Got 45b third period anyone no what that's like hunted 45a before Morgan flew us in it was great spot ,other then the dickhead farmer who chooses 2 muster his cattle during the roar.

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Got 45b third period anyone no what that's like hunted 45a before Morgan flew us in it was great spot ,other then the dickhead farmer who chooses 2 muster his cattle during the roar.

do you know if they are 1080ing okuru b4 the roar mate

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    What period? I have hunted most of the Haast blocks in the major rivers, as it was my back yard. My cobber has that block below 1st period I think. Franklin is alright. I never chase stags in the roar there but got a lot of meat animals there.

2nd period do you know if they are 1080ing the okuru at all b4 the roar cheers

R93
    No I don't know, sorry. Most of the front country ballot blocks, get hammered with 1080, have done for years, yet they are still worth a look.
    The Franklin is quite a cruisey block. 99% of the animals will be near the flats.
    Mate found a nice head in the spasm block just below 46, 2 years ago that was killed by another stag so there is always the chance for a big boy in there.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

NRT
    Not sure about 1080 before roar,know Haast valley is getting done,Okuru is a beautiful valley and there must be some big cunning stags in there no shortage of tucker

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Not sure about 1080 before roar,know Haast valley is getting done,Okuru is a beautiful valley and there must be some big cunning stags in there no shortage of tucker
    thanks nrt