Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Had to be done

Had to be done

Not a fan of doing this but I feel it has to be done. It’s up to us to protect our own reputation and image from the public eye, and to do so we must call out others from time to time when they are crossing the line, especially when it is put up for the world to see. Comments on the video are disabled so it can’t be done that way.

If anyone knows the bloke in this video it be worth having a word and telling them to pull their heads in. The video was too painful to watch start to finish but what you will find is lots of alcohol, thermals on public land, shooting from campsites etc.

Some will disagree with me perhaps, that’s fine with me. I know where I stand.

https://youtu.be/x6EtPy68ri8

You're 100% right in bringing it to the attention of forum. Muppets like that give all hunters a bad name.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Far too easy these days to upload your exploits forgetting its going to show you and your mates as first class muppets. Yep, and as you have pointed out breaking a bunch of basic firearms rules and the Arms Act 1983 (amendment 01 Jan 2021). Almost enough evidence there for a conviction???

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Not a fan of doing this but I feel it has to be done. It’s up to us to protect our own reputation and image from the public eye, and to do so we must call out others from time to time when they are crossing the line, especially when it is put up for the world to see. Comments on the video are disabled so it can’t be done that way.

If anyone knows the bloke in this video it be worth having a word and telling them to pull their heads in. The video was too painful to watch start to finish but what you will find is lots of alcohol, thermals on public land, shooting from campsites etc.

Some will disagree with me perhaps, that’s fine with me. I know where I stand.

https://youtu.be/x6EtPy68ri8
    Very very poor form at best. This irks me as a hunter who puts in the miles on foot. Imagine what a family pulling up to the hot springs for an outing would think upon seeing this sideshow. Doesnt do the hunting community any good whatsoever.

The problem with this idea is many members will watch that youtube clip and then they have xxx number of views. Only got to the campsite for the dickhead to say "have a few cold ones and make a plan". Fast forward a few times but nothing I want to see.
    Problem is that we are in the same areas as these type and it is always a risk when Rambo is hunting near you.
    Honestly I think this type of behaviour is becoming the new norm.
    Went to a area for a hunt last week, 3 boned out carcasses in the carpark, 1 head poking out from the hides with a hole in its ear where the ear tag had been, no wonder the locals up there hate hunters---except they are not hunters

It was typical pisshead yobbo behaviour like that that made me give up pig hunting and playing rugby when I was youngster......

Unbelievable.

If you go onto the guys youtube home page, you can post comment.

I just posted this:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1368
Size:  127.5 KB

The video is as pointless as their "hunting" trip.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

if that's hunting then I have been doing wrong for all these years...
    HNTMAD likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Compulsory military training of the old school type, is what the youth here need. One to two years of character forming discipline from seventeen years of age.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Unbelievable.

If you go onto the guys youtube home page, you can post comment.

I just posted this:

Attachment 161804
    Why give them the heads up. Email the police and doc. There is enough evidence there for prosecution
    Pengy, bigbear, outlander and 2 others like this.

Sheesh that is bad alright....hard watching all 44 mins

H

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

As HNTMAD said I found that hard to watch. Its many peoples worst nightmare rocking up to camping spot/hut and finding to find these types already installed. Even worse is when you are tucked up at late at night truck pulls up and the first thing you hear is the box of beers clinking.........
    JessicaChen likes this.

Take this post down mods please. DOC and police are aware of it. No point giving these clowns the heads up

I gave up after listening to the stoner go on about edibles and cookies.
    Its a great area they are in, sadly attracts a lot of idiots though.