Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Heli Costs

Heli Costs

Hi all

Wanting to know what the basic costs are for a Heli trip into and out of the Kawekas (from Napier/Hastings) for two adults and one kid? Trying to get an idea before I pitch it to the boss. Also who do people use from HB?

Cheers

Rossi
    Boar Freak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiwiz View Post
    Hi all

Wanting to know what the basic costs are for a Heli trip into and out of the Kawekas (from Napier/Hastings) for two adults and one kid? Trying to get an idea before I pitch it to the boss. Also who do people use from HB?

Cheers

Rossi
    Looking forward to response/prices on this - as I am very outdated on Rates
    Can we have South Island too please
    Rossiwiz likes this.

Chris Crosse at East Kaweka Helicopters is the man. He's based in Puketitri. I've flown with him on multiple occasions and always happy with the service. He's also very knowledgeable and will help you pick a decent spot and might even give toy a few tips on how too hunt it.
    The three of you should fit in his 500 no problems and I'd expect to pay about $350 each for a return flight.
    Boar Freak and xtightg like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Looking forward to response/prices on this - as I am very outdated on Rates
    Can we have South Island too please
    James Scott, Fox n Franz/Alpine Adventures, very reasonable.

Kim Hollows, Fiordland Heli, also very reasonable.

Neal Andrews, Precision Heli Blenheim, very reasonable

Simon Lawn, Ahaura Heli, very reasonable, but I try avoid Robinson heli's...

Everyone else I have come across have been a bunch of thieving buggers, not to say service wasn't good but crazy pricing compared to some
    stingray and xtightg like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Helicopters hawkes bay

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If heading to Fox & Franz I would put suggest

Mike Glynn of
    Welcome to Mountain Helicopters - scenic flights over Mt Cook, Mt Tasman, Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, New Zealand

I did an hour with him last September. Was impressed with attention to detail, safety briefing etc, weights all noted (rifle, pack and people), fuel load etc all reported by radio before take off.
    If you want to get anal (but remember most Helicopter pilots by the nature of the terrain have the odd incident) google the company name

The 500ME is cheaper than the larger squirrels and will land in tighter spots.
    Re Costs I have an idea the 500's were at about $18-1900 per hour and don't forget that a 15 minute flight in and pick up 3 days later is 1 hour's charge out as the pilot has to fly that 15 minutes 4 times.
    The larger squirrels at $22-2500 per hour.
    Zane

ps check the load limits as well. Particularly think about weight of meat, skin and heads you want to bring out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZQLewis View Post
    If heading to Fox & Franz I would put suggest

Mike Glynn of
    Welcome to Mountain Helicopters - scenic flights over Mt Cook, Mt Tasman, Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, New Zealand

I did an hour with him last September. Was impressed with attention to detail, safety briefing etc, weights all noted (rifle, pack and people), fuel load etc all reported by radio before take off.
    If you want to get anal (but remember most Helicopter pilots by the nature of the terrain have the odd incident) google the company name

The 500ME is cheaper than the larger squirrels and will land in tighter spots.
    Re Costs I have an idea the 500's were at about $18-1900 per hour and don't forget that a 15 minute flight in and pick up 3 days later is 1 hour's charge out as the pilot has to fly that 15 minutes 4 times.
    The larger squirrels at $22-2500 per hour.
    Zane

ps check the load limits as well. Particularly think about weight of meat, skin and heads you want to bring out.
    Nah.... for example we flew into a spot up past top butler on the coast, flying md500, flew from harihari so James Scott had to fly up there first from his base in Franz, pick us up, fly us in, then flew back and picked up other two hunters (went in two loads four of us altogether with heaps of gear) then picked us up 10 days later in a squirrel (flew us out in one trip) and fly the squirrel back to franz again. Cost us 300 each total
    BRADS, Quest and SGR like this.
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

SGR
    That sounds like pretty good value! @Ryan_Songhurst

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    That sounds like pretty good value! @Ryan_Songhurst
    I reckon James looks after his clients especially once you have used him a few times, but I have been impressed with his service and prices from day one and despite what some naysayers may say I have always felt real safe with him and any of his pilots and have been in a few sketchy situations!
    veitnamcam and SGR like this.
    10! has 270 divisors

Just looking back through accounts as got heli in a few months back to chuck some fert on as it was too wet for a truck, $1200/hr for jetranger plus ground crew and bucket hire charge and I believe the jetranger is on par with md500 for maintenance and running costs?
    Name:  FB_IMG_1520310145176.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  30.9 KB
    BRADS likes this.
    10! has 270 divisors

Can definitely recommend James Scott for trips on the coast, good price, excellent service, knows his stuff and his territory, and has gone out of his way to work backloads etc for us each time we've used him. And likewise for his other heli operation, Tekapo Helicopters. Plus he doesn't do helihunts, and he doesn't fly 1080, both a big plus in my book.

There's no such thing as a cheap turbine helicopter. Unfortunately the running and maintenance (DMC) cost of an average "500" has escalated significantly in recent years. You will find they're more likely to cost almost the same as a good "BA" Squirrel.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Can definitely recommend James Scott for trips on the coast, good price, excellent service, knows his stuff and his territory, and has gone out of his way to work backloads etc for us each time we've used him. And likewise for his other heli operation, Tekapo Helicopters. Plus he doesn't do helihunts, and he doesn't fly 1080, both a big plus in my book.
    He does do AATH.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    He does do AATH.

AATH and WARO, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    He does do AATH.

AATH and WARO, yes.