Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Hunting Club

Hunting Club

Good morning all.

I'm a teacher at a Waikato High School. Every year I run a year 10 Hunting camp during camp week in the last week of term in early December.
    I take 8 students and a similar number of experienced adults to take them out.
    There is always a lot of interest and this year the camp filled up in less than a day. A lot of kids missed out.
    It got me thinking about setting up a hunting club at school.
    I'm just putting the feelers out at this stage but are there any among you who have access to private land where we could take out small groups of students hunting.
    Small game, Goats, Pigs and Deer.
    We would cater to a whole range of experience levels, from beginners to hunting since they could walk.
    If you have a property that has rabbits and Hares but nothing bigger that would be all good. Especially for the less experienced ones still learning to shoot.
    Ideally it would be somewhere in the Central North Island.
    Anyway, if you have a place or know someone who I should get in touch with, send me a pm.

Cheers

Chur Bay
    199p, Gillie, Scouser and 21 others like this.

A great idea that ought to be supported.

The Head of PE at Tauhara College (Taupo) runs a fantastic outdoors/hunting program and takes the pupils on organised hunts.

He is a top bloke and Im sure that he would be be very helpful if you contact him.

Is that Hairy?
    Tahr likes this.

Requests like that make me wish I had a thousand acres somewhere. I'd be all over that kind of oportunity for the young ones.

I hope you can find a block, Chur...

Go that man!
    Scouser, madmaori, keneff and 2 others like this.

Cheers mate
    Hopefully I can get something going.

had a uncle that used to teach at huntly he used to take kids to the pureora all the time he was mad keen on getting them out amongst it all
    Chur Bay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Good morning all.

I'm a teacher at a Waikato High School. Every year I run a year 10 Hunting camp during camp week in the last week of term in early December.
    There is always a lot of interest and this year the camp filled up in less than a day. A lot of kids missed out.
    I'm just putting the feelers out at this stage but are there any among you who have access to private land where we could take out small groups of students hunting.
    We would cater to a whole range of experience levels, from beginners to hunting since they could walk.
    If you have a property that has rabbits and Hares but nothing bigger that would be all good. Especially for the less experienced ones still learning to shoot.
    Anyway, if you have a place or know someone who I should get in touch with, send me a pm.

Cheers

Chur Bay
    I can’t help you but just wanted to comment and say this is bloody awesome.

THIS! This is what got me into hunting, a couple of keen teachers at school. Good Luck Churr!
    Chur Bay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Good morning all.

Cheers

Chur Bay
    Good to see a teacher that thinks like a normal person.
    So much left 'woke' bullshit around it makes my eyes water.

Good on ya mate.
    Trout, tetawa, Scouser and 5 others like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Fog View Post
    contact gallahers in hamilton,they have(or did have)a large block on the west coast(2hr from ham)cottages by the sea etc,,best of luck
    Cheers.

I will follow that up.

Awesome idea. Hope you get a lot of support.
    Chur Bay likes this.

Good on you for putting your own time an effort into this. I'm sure you are also a fantastic teacher, this is awesome!
    Chur Bay likes this.

Hats off to you - absolutely exactly what we need to get more people into hunting, or at very least give them enough experience with hunting and firearms that they aren't easily fooled by anti-hunting, anti-gun propaganda.
    Mooseman and Chur Bay like this.

Hey mate not sure if your interested but I’ve been having a clean out of a bit of gear that I’d prefer to go to some young fellas and your post sprung to mind. Couple of packs a sleeping bag and a water bladder back pack that could come to good use to the students. All is pretty much brand new. I’m waikato based aswell
    Name:  EB29A1ED-7E4E-4972-8CAA-8CA8F9674450.jpeg
Views: 945
Size:  6.12 MB
    Name:  653A0443-907A-4A5A-B583-5D132D049FA4.jpeg
Views: 934
Size:  6.77 MB
    Name:  444B4DDE-6305-45B1-850D-136DB5C82EC5.jpeg
Views: 909
Size:  6.05 MB
    Name:  DA977885-8D47-4A12-A697-C784F7FB958C.jpeg
Views: 889
Size:  8.79 MB
    Will pop up into pay it forward if ya don’t think it’s of any use to ya plans

stuff

hey mate am doing same things taking kids out showing them ropes ages 11 to 15 would love the gear