Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

This hunting couple need help fast (also posted on the other one)

Hey, this couple look like they could do with some help from fellow hunters.

Apologies if this isn't appropriate, I'll delete it if you object. I don't know them but their story was on Breakfast a few days back.

Long story short, they cocked up, and by their own admission probably started a fire from ashes on their rural Nelson property which spread to the neighbouring forest. Now they're screwed with a $1.2m judgment against them and no public liability insurance.

The legal/insurance outcome was probably inevitable and a relevant lesson for others including hunters who mightn't put their fires out 100%? FWIW, NZDA membership includes $10m public liability insurance including $1m insurance under the Rural Fires Act.

There's all sorts of discussion you could have about what they should have done differently but that's all hypothetical now when what they really need is some help.

Save Triple Tui

Anyway, they run a small tourist cabin and hunting operation and at ages 52 and 61 look likely to lose it all.

On the video it seems they don't think there's a sh!t show in hell that complete strangers would help them but who knows? Crowdfunding can work once it gets into people's personal networks.

So if you've got a lazy $30 or whatever, perhaps you'd consider giving these guys a hand and giving up a slab of piss?

Take a look at Steve's Kiwi-style outside-the-wire hunting site if you like, to get a feel for them, you've gotta' respect a guy who says...

”Ah that’ s better, take the weight off! and I’ll deal to the fire. Ice or water? Or do you prefer it neat like me? I’ll turn the background music down a tad and we can talk”

Home | Hunting Kiwi Style

Mods, I've put this here 'cos of the hunter readership - guess you may want to move it.
    Last edited by on2it; 31-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.