Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Interesting Trend

Interesting Trend

Hey Guys,

As a hunter on primarily public land is always amazes me how a short youtube search will and can give you some really cool viewing, the odd time you may even see a bush you know. I have however noted very recently the number of younger guys(for want of a describing word) out making really cool clips but naming pretty much where they are and how they got there. It then relates to extra hunting pressure on these hunting spots, not only for them but also others that hunt the area also. Have no issue with naming the range like Kaweka, Kaimanawa, Tararua etc

So what say you. Yes we should be very descriptive or nah less is way more

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Its up to them I guess

Less is way more. Do the hard yards and find your own spot X. There's enough to go around. Don't spoil it for others
    sometimes, Boaraxa and Steve123 like this.

P38
    I'm not shy at naming spots.

Not to sure I accurately name said spots, but I name them anyway

Each to their own.

Cheers
    Pete
    kimjon, mikee and Pengy like this.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

You're talking about that helmet M.D aye. Little f wit is a know all who thinks he's something that hes not. Hes done 2 vids and they are the only places hes pretty much ever hunted in his life so he not much of a threat. But I wouldn't put it past him to do one on snee rd.
    It does piss me off when I see clowns spouting every detail of where to hunt on the web, especially when its right at my back doorstep and I have to watch more and more traffic go past knowing exactly where they're headed. It makes me sad
    mikee, BRADS, 257weatherby and 2 others like this.

I'm on the otherside of the fence. The one thing the hunting community shouldn't do is cut off its nose despite its face. We need to encourage younger hunters out there other wise the sport will dwindle and die. If giving some locations out mean more people are out there doing it then I am all for it.

You can put a map on the wall and throw a dart at it, you will hit someone's "spot"
    Grim, dogmatix, P38 and 12 others like this.

res
    How's it different to the spot X books or the like?

Sounds like some people are just unhappy that other people are getting to use what is public land that they feel like they have a greater right to that others

If people want to share where they hunt then that's there business
    dogmatix, P38, K95 and 8 others like this.
    Using Tapatalk

I'm with Gibo and Timmay on this one.I don't have an issue telling people where I hunt,what I shot or what I missed and I hunt public land and private blocks. There's plenty of deer for those who get out there. I'm also the same with my fishing spots.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Pengy, Happy, WallyR and 1 others like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Yeah hey i went hunting in the blah blah blah range/area is fine, but when you see blah blah range up the hippoty blah road and then on the zippity do dar track and oh there are three over there just under abc peak and this is how i will get there is a bit different

I have no issue saying i hunt the ruahine and haurangi, and even what road ends depending on who you are, but real detail is just crazy. yup i am into encouraging young hunters too but not on mass as it will ruin spots

Yes @Frosty that is one of them, and there is another near by i found recently. Not sure if it is a generational thing??

Hamish
    Frosty likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

ebf
    Hamish, anywhere is already someone else's spot X or in what they consider their back yard...

My experience is that even if you told me go to this area, i.e. this stream off this track, I would still struggle to find a deer Knowing which area to go to is one thing, finding animals in that area is another...
    Dougie, northdude, blake and 1 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

K95
    Must be tied in with that trend of every generation below your own getting worse....
    Grim, Dougie, HNTMAD and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    Yeah hey i went hunting in the blah blah blah range/area is fine, but when you see blah blah range up the hippoty blah road and then on the zippity do dar track and oh there are three over there just under abc peak and this is how i will get there is a bit different

I have no issue saying i hunt the ruahine and haurangi, and even what road ends depending on who you are, but real detail is just crazy. yup i am into encouraging young hunters too but not on mass as it will ruin spots

Yes @Frosty that is one of them, and there is another near by i found recently. Not sure if it is a generational thing??

Hamish
    Could be generational, used to having things handed to them and the web as a mentor, Haha im not much older than him so buggerd if I know.
    But it does suck when you turn up to a road end in an area where the options are limited and the car park is full,utes parked up in the creek with gumbies walking 3 a breast in hunting mode.Its scary sometimes.

I took a friend out for a hunt on our property unfortunately only heaps of signs, but nothing on the trip. Any how said friend turns up 3 weeks later with 3 of his mates.
    He ask if he and his 3 mates could go for a hunt. I said politely that he and his mates could go for a walk down the driveway and out the gate.
    veitnamcam, tetawa, mikee and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    I took a friend out for a hunt on our property unfortunately only heaps of signs, but nothing on the trip. Any how said friend turns up 3 weeks later with 3 of his mates.
    He ask if he and his 3 mates could go for a hunt. I said politely that he and his mates could go for a walk down the driveway and out the gate.
    Thats just silly of him but not really relevant
    veitnamcam, Dougie and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Yep hard, thats exactly what happens. Had a couple of my mates break the 'code' like that with me. They never get invited to come along again.
    HNTMAD and Steve123 like this.