Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree47Likes
  • 40 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By tiroahunta
  • 1 Post By mopheadrob
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: the last laugh

the last laugh

6mths ago on bosses dairy farm some little pigs had been making a mess,first time ever....I asked for permission and went up one saturday,stood in light drizzle for 6 hours and got sighting,then the wind which had been constant all day switched and they were gone...next day at 3 in afternoon they were back out...new 22-250 took care of first one and as I brought Xhair onto 2nd I touched trigger....the "THINK trigger" clean missed and they were gone...that pig fitted into 6 bread bags when cut up......about 3 weeks ago some rooting was noticed,I have been up staking out the paddocks 2-3 times a week without a glimpse,the little huas were laughing at me,spend day shifting shingle of flood damaged paddock on friday...monday morning there was pig tracks over my loader marks...they were laughing at me.....
    yesterday we turned off digger at 5;15 and drove up to look where next job was and those cheeky pigs were out in paddock,needless to say they had scarpered before I got near them...wife n I went back up with torches after dinned but no sign of them.
    today I took my trusty 223 to work and stole away at 5 down to paddocks,wind was ok but not ideal for looking down over where they had been yesterday so I moved to spot directly above and stood waiting.....after about 5 minutes I thought I HEARD MOVEMENT...but nothing below me,turned around and 50 yards away in open paddock were 4-5 pigs.... Shocked Shocked Shocked made sure of first shot into biggest pig and cranked bolt and fired till no more targets,they only had 40 yards to travel before they in cover,4 didnt make it....... smallest about 70lb then a 80lb then 110 then 130 so a VERY good haul of mud fat porkers,all sows and NONE in pig......bit strange that bit. nobody around to help me lift them into ute but mate arrived at home in time to help me gut last one and help hang them in garage to cool off over night....I laughed all the way home from the farm.
    5 rounds for just shy of 400lb of pork,got to love the wee 223.

It’s good when it goes right for ya. Haven’t had wild pork for a while… Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Nice work Milky. Still yet to get onto some wild pork myself - kids keep nagging me to bring one home, but they have to make do with venison. Have seen the odd one but they do seem to be cunning buggers! Enjoy.
    Micky Duck likes this.

That was a great result for your perseverance , the little 223 is a great caliber alright, mine is away getting suppressor fitted can't wait to get it back. 400pound of pork is a lot of good eating .
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    hope you dont get gout from that much pork.
    I have pills to fix that LOL...... man they are FAT...skinned them all out tonight and gave one to my Irish mate to feed his family.....man it feels good being able to give meat away.
    Moa Hunter and berg243 like this.