Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Lewis pass

Lewis pass

Looking to possibly head in for the long weekend, just curious to know if anyone has knowledge on how vehicle vandalism has been. If it is still a bit dodgy I will look elsewhere. I understand people can park at Boyle but I'm looking at an area closer to Maruia.

Bos
    The Guys at the hot pools will drop you off in your car, take it back for safe keeping and pick you up again at a pre-determined time and place.
    Mate of mine did this back in January
    Trout, Shearer, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

Or the Boyle river outdoor centre offer a service for this. The St James and Lake Sumner carparks now have cameras so I guess it depends where you want to go.

I'm guessing Bos means the Maruia pools rather than the Hanmer ones.

As for me I don't go anywhere near public land on long weekends normally.
    BSA270 and dannyb like this.

Figured a long weekend over winter might not be too busy. Keen to try for a winter chamois skin. Also never ventured 8nto the Lewis due to it's closeness to ChCh and the vehicle thefts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Figured a long weekend over winter might not be too busy. Keen to try for a winter chamois skin. Also never ventured 8nto the Lewis due to it's closeness to ChCh and the vehicle thefts.
    A mate used to possum the lewis every year and I remember he told me that the Chams always migrated into the country behind Boyle base for the winter - the warm dry gully heads

Been thinking about the Boyle, can stay in a hut and climb up onto the huts.

Pretty sad situation that you can't leave your car anywhere through there, it's been going on for years and I would have to assume it's the same group of people im surprised nobody has set them up and gave them a "jolly good talking to" yet
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

HVe a look in the nina.
    Either up to Lucretia or Devils den and go right onto the tops

Cheers, May have my 12yr old son so somewhere up the Boyle may be the go. A fire in a hut is kind of needed. Lookslike reasonable access to the tops for a day mission from hut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Pretty sad situation that you can't leave your car anywhere through there, it's been going on for years and I would have to assume it's the same group of people im surprised nobody has set them up and gave them a "jolly good talking to" yet
    A couple from the coast got busted for it when the cameras went live, haven't heard of any break-ins since then.

Maybe we should set up a forum trapping session. I'd be keen!
    silentscope and Moa Hunter like this.

Talking goes thru one ear and out the other,bruises last a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Looking to possibly head in for the long weekend, just curious to know if anyone has knowledge on how vehicle vandalism has been. If it is still a bit dodgy I will look elsewhere. I understand people can park at Boyle but I'm looking at an area closer to Maruia.
    It's been bad mate. I know 4 guys that have been hit in the last 2 months all on separate days. I got done in Arthur's a few months back. Honestly don't bring anything you don't mind losing and be prepared for a smashed window as it's just what happens its BS and the cops really don't seem to care much. I don't drive my ute in at all anymore just borrow the missus little shitter hatchback.
    BSA270 and 300wsm for life like this.

shitter car with NOTHING IN IT.....leave glove box and centre consol open so can be seen to be empty.....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

That's crap. Where they broken into at Boyle village or on the side of the road.
    My wife and I only have 1 vehicle so can't really afford to be without one. May just stick to the Nelson lakes then.