Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By gadgetman

Thread: Light force spotlight battery

Light force spotlight battery

I use a light force spotlight 12v 100w bulb type for shooting deer.
    I am happy using this spotlight as it mount on top of my scope and works well. Down side is carrying around a battery....
    My battery has finally had its day and wont hold charge so time for a new1.
    So was wondering time to upgrade? I am using 12v 18ah sealed type
    What else is out there power banks, lithium ion 18650 in 12v form, or a newer typè of sealed battery with better life and hold charge longer...
    Any suggestions welcome thanks....

firstly put a 50W bulb in, you will only lose 10%of your lighting but gain 50% more battery life
    secondly if you change to any other battery than sealed lead acid you will have to also replace your charging system. connecting an SLA charger to a lithium battery and it may ignite and i have seen the aftermath of it. (i repair spotlights every week)

And sealed battery size?

Get a torch and a couple of sets of batteries. Way lighter.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yes agree I have a olight torch that I can put on top but struggle to see through the scope with the reflection of the suppressor have tried all kinds of scope mounts they all do the same also this particular torch has no focus so at 100m to 400m the beams dont match up the old trusty 12v 100w job with the cord still works well....

Purveyor of Fine Cutlery terryf's Avatar
    Do you have a photo of the setup with the olight?

if you are using a scope mount for the olight you can push it to the right of the scope (ie. to 3 or 4 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock) which should remove the reflection issue.
    Alternatively, a barrel mount just behind the suppressor to the left or right will eliminate the reflection.
    Regards
    Terry

https://www.knives4africa.co.nz/
    Custom knife dealer

Authorised Nitecore Torch Retailer
    NZ Distributor of Nano-Oil

Here are some options for you.

Name:  20180312160706_13542-1.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  19.9 KB
    Name:  ar-15-flashlight.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  113.2 KB
    Name:  NiteCore_NiteCoreSA_Flashlights_flashlight_torch_lumens_brightest_gunmount_rifle_GM02.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  72.4 KB
    Name:  w7snzqdtzcl4pwtioah9.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  56.6 KB

Obviously the picatinny won't suit all styles especially not classic hunting rifles.
    Then I would recommend an under barrel clamp like the Nitecore GM04 but there are literally tons of different styles out there which allow you to attach everything except a coffee grinder!
    Olight also make a good few brackets and adapters, Im just not all that familiar with them to give you any advice.
    Regards
    Terry

Custom knife dealer

I mount the torch so that the torch lens is behind the scope bell. This puts the suppressor in the shadow of the scope, ... no reflection.
    R93, tetawa, quentin and 1 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    why not a coffee grinder it would be handy on long nights doing pest destruction at keeping you awake I have the 12v jug that plugs into the socket on the quad for the hot water.
    How do those 12v jugs go? Partner brought one for me and I have thrown it in the back of the shed...

As for batteries, go down to your nearest car battery supplier and check out four wheeler batteries, that's what I run on my spotlight when I'm not using the maxtorch (which is 95% of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    How do those 12v jugs go? Partner brought one for me and I have thrown it in the back of the shed...

As for batteries, go down to your nearest car battery supplier and check out four wheeler batteries, that's what I run on my spotlight when I'm not using the maxtorch (which is 95% of the time)
    Why no coffee grinder? - well probably pull the balance off a little and you'd be dropping shots down left somewhere I'd imagine

I've had mixed results with the jugs, some boil quicker than others but as berg243 mentioned, water temp obviously makes a difference!
    Definitely agree with the no open flames near 130l of flammables though.

Take an insulated flask with. I have a 2L aluminium flask that will keep boiling water ready for coffee up to 12 hours after it was filled.
    Regards
    Terry

Custom knife dealer