Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Lindis Pass hunting

Lindis Pass hunting

Has anyone had poke around in the Lindis conservation area? I'm looking for somewhere to go for a night or two maybe this weekend before I should probably get back to work for a bit with a chance of a chamois but I'm not real worried about success, seeing a few animals would be nice though. Pretty keen to go look at Timaru creek some stage but I'll leave that for when I have four or five days up my sleeve. Seems there's only one real access point and I never see cars there so was thinking it may not get much traffic. However, I would be hesitant leaving a vehicle there for a night or two on such a well travelled route, bound to be some degenerate drive past that has trouble keeping their hands to themselves. Ideas? Experiences? Cheers
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Vehicle should be fine I’ve never had any problems, but I suppose it only takes one person driving past, you can sortve put it behind some gravel piles to hide it a bit. Normally a couple deer in there, a one nighter be best as it’s not a huge block
    Micky Duck likes this.

or maybe get someone at Omarama...from forum...to drop you off n pick you up again....look after your wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    or maybe get someone at Omarama...from forum...to drop you off n pick you up again....look after your wagon.
    I do have a Ford Territory we bought as a second tow wagon that's insured for more than its worth to me... Lol
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

its a lovely bit of country....often gazed up into hills when driving past and thought what a great place to wander...even with just camera and binos.... please post up report when you return.

Should be heapps.... insnt that where the deer truck rolled over an they all got out an went wild from, home is where the heart is they say for the ol red deer haha jk. good luck

Banned
    The country back towards the Dunstan stream is better IMO - east side of pass

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    The country back towards the Dunstan stream is better IMO - east side of pass
    Otiaki do u mean??

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Should be heapps.... insnt that where the deer truck rolled over an they all got out an went wild from, home is where the heart is they say for the ol red deer haha jk. good luck
    Well it’s also where the first release of red deer in Otago occurred in 1871
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Well it’s also where the first release of red deer in Otago occurred in 1871
    Yip on morven hills but what is now forest range

Cheers for the advice and the guys that PMd. I'm gonna head in there tommorow morning for an overnighter and see how I get on. Packing gear to go now
    10! has 270 divisors

If ur worried about leaving ur truck on the road let me know could leave it here and I could run u up the Rd also pack ur wet weather gear it's ment to rain
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.

Cheers mate, I'm gon a just take the old Territory over, someone will be doing me a favour if they pinch it lol. Looks like a few showers tommorow morning and clearing from lunchtime. Don't mind a few downpours on the walk in to keep me cool
    Micky Duck and Padox like this.
    10! has 270 divisors

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Cheers for the advice and the guys that PMd. I'm gonna head in there tommorow morning for an overnighter and see how I get on. Packing gear to go now

Keep us posted. Ive often wondered about the area but thought it looked too open to hold many animals but hey, what do I know!
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Cheers mate, I'm gon a just take the old Territory over, someone will be doing me a favour if they pinch it lol. Looks like a few showers tommorow morning and clearing from lunchtime. Don't mind a few downpours on the walk in to keep me cool
    Yip gone by lunch gonna get a tad windy to call in for a beer on the way home if u want
    dannyb likes this.