Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pongo12

Thread: Manawatu Fallow finding

Manawatu Fallow finding

Hey guys, I have been hunting a few years now and have a few reds under my belt, I hunt mainly around the wellington region of the north island. Althought I have been venturing out to manawatu in search of some Fallows.
    Can anyone give me any info on where exactly to go looking for fallow? I dont want your spot X , but wouldnt mind being told roughly what ara to go in looking for them ?
    Ant hhelp would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Shitloads of them, few up the river etc on doc land but mostly either need to know a cocky or pay up
    superdiver likes this.

yeah totally right, So ya reckon up some of the roads to the roads end and just follow rivers/streams/gullys up

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    yeah totally right, So ya reckon up some of the roads to the roads end and just follow rivers/streams/gullys up
    Extra time spent driving is well worth it T up a permit from doc & head up the river just make sure you park where you are supposed to park else your tyres mite go missing , I have many fond memory's hunting & partying "up the river!" with the locals good fun but they do have there ways .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

where about do you drive up the river there ? ID be keen and have the vehicvle to do so, have hunter up the lines and up the meat safe, but havent gone up river and who supplies permits to hunt up the river there? council or just your standard permit you get online ?