Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Maybe police targeting poachers now?

Maybe police targeting poachers now?

Saw this on Stuff today. I wonder if it's a new nationwide initiative or something that particular region is starting to target poachers more now?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-time...health-issues?

Well she is policing right in the middle of mongrel mob territory: good luck to her.
    outlander and Dago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Well she is policing right in the middle of mongrel mob territory: good luck to her.
    .....plenty of others besides mobsters poaching down there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Police want to come up my drive they better have a fucking apointment, or a damn good reason.
    Dunno; I live rurally and we've had our fair share of break ins, stolen stock around here. If a new rural cop turned up here and introduced themselves, did a meet and greet to put a name to the face, and hopefully start a personal relationship with the locals (like the old bobby on the beat days that we often moan about the loss of) Id say "thank for actually showing an interest, would you like a cuppa?". Then sit back to see if actual change happens. But maybe I'm too much of a glass half full person? Cheers :-)
    Chicken, Tuidog, Steve123 and 5 others like this.

Seen this in a hut I spent last week in

Name:  IMG_3231.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  378.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post

Police want to come up my drive they better have a fucking apointment, or a damn good reason.
    They don't need either.
    veitnamcam, Carbine and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post

Attachment 163253
    Never be actioned though, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Never be actioned though, would it?
    It would have been nice to have really got up close and personal with the pricks that did this to access mine and neighbors property...the most we got from police was trespass on one of them.

Name:  when ya lock ya gates.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  687.4 KB
    outlander likes this.

Attachment 163253
    Would be great to have the same penalties imposed for unlawful "taking" of a motor vehicle or unlawful entering of premises to commit a crime. Won't hold my breath.
    Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

Banned
    It would have been nice to have really got up close and personal with the pricks that did this to access mine and neighbors property...the most we got from police was trespass on one of them.

Attachment 163255
    Fuck that would piss anyone off !! Upturned tine harrows on the track springs to mind.

Banned
    Three separate vehicles came through and spotlighted Lees Valley Road last night before 10pm.

Attachment 163255
    That's the problem with these sorts. They have zero fucks to give for respect, disciple and a hundred other common courtesies.

Attachment 163255
    Wankers!
    outlander likes this.

I don't know why you blame the police, it goes to the courts and what does the judge do?
    The local cop court a guy little while back and had sheep in the back of a van set up for processing on the side of the road, he then had to spend a day proving that this guy in town didn't own the sheep and who they belong to by ear mark.
    lady come up on her 12th time shop lifting he said he opposed bail got out of court that morning, next day arrested again for shop lifting but he said the paper work involved every time he goes to court and for him it means no one covers hes rural area

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    I don't know why you blame the police, it goes to the courts and what does the judge do?
    The local cop court a guy little while back and had sheep in the back of a van set up for processing on the side of the road, he then had to spend a day proving that this guy in town didn't own the sheep and who they belong to by ear mark.
    lady come up on her 12th time shop lifting he said he opposed bail got out of court that morning, next day arrested again for shop lifting but he said the paper work involved every time he goes to court and for him it means no one covers hes rural area
    The police are the first step in the direction of the court, but they are such lazy fuckers they wont/don't take that first step.