Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: Midway Hut

Midway Hut

I found out yesterday that Midway hut up the horomanga was burnt down late last week. Bloody shame if you ask me. I've done a fair amount of hunting from that hut as I began hunting there a few years back as I also know others have. Whilst I have no issue fly camping in the slightest its just a bugger that there's people out there that ruin it for others.

northdude
    That's 4 huts in that area fukn cunts
    Cspence likes this.

I've heard of trees been chopped down further up stream to block vehicle access also. Unsure if this is true but to me I wonder if someones got pissed off at spotlighters coming through there at night. I've had instances where in the weekend lights have been shone at the hut in the early hours of the morning as they go past

northdude
    A friend went in a couple of weeks ago recons its a bit rough since the flooding we drive in quirkeys was the last one if you know that one

Nah mate, not a clue haha. I always walk in from the base carpark. Somehow I don't think my little 2wd would get very far

That's a shame. I was a mess when I was there last, bottles and hocks everywhere

TJM
    Pity such nice spots are accessible by 4 wheel drives, plaged by spot lighters ( highly illegal in there) and un sportsman like in my opinion, huts abused by the public.