Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By piwakawaka
  • 1 Post By Sideshow
  • 1 Post By XR500

Thread: Mohakatino rd

Mohakatino rd

Anyone hunted here or have any interesting to say about it?
    Staying at a mates place in a few weeks and thinking of taking my sea kayak and paddling up the river into the public land in search of a goat and with any luck floating back down
    Anyone know if the river is slow moving enough for that or am I better to just walk it?
    Cheers
    Halloween Pic just for the hell of it
    I'll tell the Mrs she's being hunted by the spca for animal abuse
    Name:  20211030_170146.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  4.45 MB
    thejamesjames likes this.

Those two look like they have just woken up after a stag party and are like just happened!
    piwakawaka likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Went up the Northern side (up the Mokau R) a few years ago in the sea kayak. Yes its doable. Got up past the first two rapids by staying hard over to one side then the arms ran out of puff. Plenty of goats about, but that may have changed. Stayed overnight on the banks just down from an old abandoned shearing shed. Enormous thing, 27 stand or some such. Shearers names scratched onto the rafters from the 20's and 30's. One or two creeks in the locality run out on top of an entire coal seam. Quite an interesting place to explore.

But once you get away from the river, its "what's not verticle is overhang" country
    piwakawaka likes this.