Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Mohawk Mohawk Mohawk

  1. #1
    Member mucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    12,408

    Mohawk Mohawk Mohawk

    i hate to do it to you again buddy but the 243 strikes again a pig last night now i just got home with a yearling on my back. at about 8:15 tonight i had juast gont past where the hang gliders take off may 500m past the weather station. want for a deer to walk out. when i spotted a hare on the road so not wanting to spook the hare and light fading i slowly made my way closer to the tower, when i thought oh that bloody hare then it got bigger and bigger, the the realisation fuck a deer or is it a hunter it turns side on no it's a deer and it kept walking towards me untill it got about 60m away, i thought fuck its going to duck in to the bush, with the sling wrapped around my left forarm and a firm grip on the fore stock i was ready pulling back against the sling spread the legs apart a bit more. just as the deer is about duck into the bush BOOM the 243 sends a 95gr sst to hit its mark the deer drops on the spot. the walk home was just over an hour that summer lager was a welcome sight. now have a fridge full of venison. enjoy deanoName:  Picture 2 226.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  409.5 KB

  2. #2
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    27,846
    Rubbing it in hard. Good on ya Mucko. Well done on the derr and the dig in the ribs for our mate.
    mucko likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  3. #3
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,040
    Nice one Mucko We work hard enough for the hard ones its nice to get a "Gimme" now and then eh!
    mucko and Toby like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,175
    Great stuff!

  5. #5
    Member mucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    12,408
    it sure will taste the business. pretty lucky here the walk up will kill off most desire to go for a hunt but once on the road, you wouldnt want to be anywhere else. panoramic veiws over the rotorua lakes with venison and pork. Just after i shot her there was a another one barking in the bush, thought fuck that i dont want to carry out two animals. it is fair to say that with 3 weeks untill the green rain i will up there when i can and shoe horn some more venison in to the deep freeze.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Far North
    Posts
    2,570
    where is the mohawk? damn i love those little cannons

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dannevirke, southern Ruahines
    Posts
    5,072
    nice shot to bro!
    mucko likes this.

  8. #8
    Member mucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    12,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    where is the mohawk? damn i love those little cannons
    username Mohawk660 aka Deano bloody good bastard real top bloke he owns a mohawk in .308 suppressed every time he comes down home for a hunt he lucks out. it so happens he was planning on being here last night but couldnt make it. when he finally trips over this thread he will be gutted, come to think of it i might just text him hehehe

  9. #9
    Member mucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    12,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    nice shot to bro!
    cheers bro my stoneycreek daypack handled its virgin load well i thought how long untill the weight kills the stitching good pack for $120
    Dougie likes this.

  10. #10
    Member Twoshotkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    1,761
    Nice one brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mucko likes this.

  11. #11
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Yeeeha well done mate!!!
    mucko likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  12. #12
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    27,846
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    username Mohawk660 aka Deano bloody good bastard real top bloke he owns a mohawk in .308 suppressed every time he comes down home for a hunt he lucks out. it so happens he was planning on being here last night but couldnt make it. when he finally trips over this thread he will be gutted, come to think of it i might just text him hehehe
    Mucko he only couldn't make it because he is a soft cock (sorry Deano but you have been conspicuous by your absence since the half marathon). I think he has gone for a massage four days ago and is still there bro.
    mucko likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  13. #13
    A Good Keen Girl Dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Mucko he only couldn't make it because he is a soft cock (sorry Deano but you have been conspicuous by your absence since the half marathon). I think he has gone for a massage four days ago and is still there bro.
    Either that or he is still recovering from the happy ending
    mucko likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i hate to do it to you again buddy but the 243 strikes again a pig last night now i just got home with a yearling on my back. at about 8:15 tonight i had juast gont past where the hang gliders take off may 500m past the weather station. want for a deer to walk out. when i spotted a hare on the road so not wanting to spook the hare and light fading i slowly made my way closer to the tower, when i thought oh that bloody hare then it got bigger and bigger, the the realisation fuck a deer or is it a hunter it turns side on no it's a deer and it kept walking towards me untill it got about 60m away, i thought fuck its going to duck in to the bush, with the sling wrapped around my left forarm and a firm grip on the fore stock i was ready pulling back against the sling spread the legs apart a bit more. just as the deer is about duck into the bush BOOM the 243 sends a 95gr sst to hit its mark the deer drops on the spot. the walk home was just over an hour that summer lager was a welcome sight. now have a fridge full of venison. enjoy deanoAttachment 4157

    Ya Bloody Bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Mucko he only couldn't make it because he is a soft cock (sorry Deano but you have been conspicuous by your absence since the half marathon). I think he has gone for a massage four days ago and is still there bro.
    Mmmmm if I didnt know you better Rushy I would take offence.......... Couldn't reply any early I was too busy fishing today while you were hard at work. Ha Ha . I 'll see if Mucko wants to swap some venison back steaks for some snapper!.........

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!