Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New to Chch, looking for hunting buddies

New to Chch, looking for hunting buddies

Hey everyone, I have recently moved to Christchurch, originally from the west coast, 30 year old rope access driller.

Just got my firearms licence and am keen to get out into the bush for a walk, I have done a bit of deer and pig hunting with friends and family so am not a complete kook with a rifle but I am keen to meet up with anyone that likes to head out for a hunt on a regular basis. I am keen to learn what works and what doesn't in the area but certainly don't expect to be taken to your favourite spots.
    I will be joining the NZDA once I have purchased a rifle, and will be heading out to the firing range a fair bit to get used to the rifle before heading out for a hunt with it.
    I am looking at buying a .308 so if you have or know of anyone selling a rifle with a reasonable scope with a $1000 limit drop me a line also.

So if there is anyone out there thats happy for a newbie to tag along and absorb some hunting wisdom drop me a message.

Cheers
    Strider
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider B View Post
    Hey everyone, I have recently moved to Christchurch, originally from the west coast, 30 year old rope access driller.

Just got my firearms licence and am keen to get out into the bush for a walk, I have done a bit of deer and pig hunting with friends and family so am not a complete kook with a rifle but I am keen to meet up with anyone that likes to head out for a hunt on a regular basis. I am keen to learn what works and what doesn't in the area but certainly don't expect to be taken to your favourite spots.
    I will be joining the NZDA once I have purchased a rifle, and will be heading out to the firing range a fair bit to get used to the rifle before heading out for a hunt with it.
    I am looking at buying a .308 so if you have or know of anyone selling a rifle with a reasonable scope with a $1000 limit drop me a line also.

So if there is anyone out there thats happy for a newbie to tag along and absorb some hunting wisdom drop me a message.

Cheers
    Strider
    Awesome Strider, welcome! $1k is a great tidy amount to be chucking at a new machine. Good luck dude, if you're up this way give us a bell and I can hook you up with some hunting

I've met a couple rad forum members in Christchurch - @Munsey had the best looking dog though so maybe hit him up
    Munsey likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Welcome mate, I am sure someone will help you out down that way

@Dougie
    Are you feeling ill, no mention of the mighty poo poo free
    Dougie and BRADS like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Welcome to the forum Strider B
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

New to Chch, looking for hunting buddies

Cheers
    Strider
    Welcome Strider.

Sounds like you may have something to do with Abseil Access? If you do, I'm sure our paths will cross!

Matt.

strider -another man from gods chosen acre(the mighty coast). listen matey -not really in your scene but if you want a little variety to ya diet and to stave off boredom-can offer a little goose hunting ,with other assorted wee flappers thrown in .dont sweat re a gun -can provide if required.
    PS- if youre not slightly unhinged now ,on here you soon will be. a literal sea of good info ,just afloat with stumps of aged slightly senile madmen and inventors bar none.
    may all ya shots be good uns
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2308 View Post
    Welcome Strider.

Sounds like you may have something to do with Abseil Access? If you do, I'm sure our paths will cross!

Matt.
    Hey Matt, same sorta work different mob, I worked for Geovert for quite a few years in Nz and Oz but moved back and jumped on board with Rock Control. Are you working for Abseil Access by chance? I was looking at them in Wellington before I decided to head down here but wifeys post-grad options were better here.
    Its a small industry so I have no doubt that we will cross paths at some stage, we probably know a few of the same people too.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    strider -another man from gods chosen acre(the mighty coast). listen matey -not really in your scene but if you want a little variety to ya diet and to stave off boredom-can offer a little goose hunting ,with other assorted wee flappers thrown in .dont sweat re a gun -can provide if required.
    PS- if youre not slightly unhinged now ,on here you soon will be. a literal sea of good info ,just afloat with stumps of aged slightly senile madmen and inventors bar none.
    may all ya shots be good uns

Haha Kotuku eh haha I think I like your sense of humour already. Yeah always keen on a bit of variety. Unhinged is all relative I reckon, looking forward to picking some brains in the coming months.
    Let me know when you are heading out for a hunt, I would be keen to tag along for sure.
    Cheers

Cheers VietnamCam looking forward to meeting some fellow hunters.

Haha my older brother is trying to convince me to get one of the new AR15 packages at gun city but I can't quite bring myself to do it.

223 Ranger AR-15 11" Scoped & Suppressed Package A-Cat

Ill start a new thread because I have a few question regarding the most suitable set up and the effect that shortening and adding a silencer has on a rifle.

Hey Dougie, cheers for the welcome. Where is up this way?
    Its great to have such a wealth of knowledge available on here.

Hey Matt, same sorta work different mob, I worked for Geovert for quite a few years in Nz and Oz but moved back and jumped on board with Rock Control. Are you working for Abseil Access by chance? I was looking at them in Wellington before I decided to head down here but wifeys post-grad options were better here.
    Its a small industry so I have no doubt that we will cross paths at some stage, we probably know a few of the same people too.
    Yep, I do plenty of work with the ChCh based branch of AA and also play about on the rigs in Oz and NZ.
    Rock Control are a good bunch and we work with them occasionally.
    I'm a bit busy with family visiting from the UK at present, but happy to help out if you haven't managed to get out in a few weeks time.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2308 View Post
    Yep, I do plenty of work with the ChCh based branch of AA and also play about on the rigs in Oz and NZ.
    Rock Control are a good bunch and we work with them occasionally.
    I'm a bit busy with family visiting from the UK at present, but happy to help out if you haven't managed to get out in a few weeks time.
    Awesome Matt really appreciate it, I am few weeks off getting sorted with my security inspection and stuff anyway.
    Abseil Access hire you as a contractor eh? how does that all work out?
    Yeah Andy and I have worked on the same jobs at different times and with a lot of the same people which is cool, I was looking at a drilling supervisors job with hi ways in Auckland but thought that RC would be a better fit.
    Feel free to add me on FB if you want. Its always interesting where you meet fellow ropies isn't it?
    look for strider bergman on FB.

Awesome Matt really appreciate it, I am few weeks off getting sorted with my security inspection and stuff anyway.
    Abseil Access hire you as a contractor eh? how does that all work out?
    Yeah Andy and I have worked on the same jobs at different times and with a lot of the same people which is cool, I was looking at a drilling supervisors job with hi ways in Auckland but thought that RC would be a better fit.
    Feel free to add me on FB if you want. Its always interesting where you meet fellow ropies isn't it?
    look for strider bergman on FB.
    Yep, work for AA as a contractor. Works out well.
    Have added you on FB.

Happy to help out when I can. Based in Chch area and do go to the coast lol at times. If not do go local like half of Canterbury or even another area . I do work shifts so weekends is not always possible unless an morning hunt. Plus have to get a pass from the boss but wife is cool about it.

PM me if interested
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt