Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: new to hunting looking for help

new to hunting looking for help

Hi im new to the forum and had my gun licence for about 6 months and live in waitoki (kaukapakapa) i have been hunting a couple of times but that was with my unckel in hawks bay i dont want the spot X or any thing just a hand or some help to guide in the write direction in regards with deer hunting and were to go if someone is willing to help that would be awesome. cheers

Hi Anthony.
    Firstly have a look at the DOC website and find open hunting areas you would like to hunt, then get yourself a permit.
    Joining your local NZDA would put you in touch with other hunters.
    tetawa and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

thanks very much.

Might pay as well anthony to post where you are. It will help, at present you could be anywhere in NZ. You could be right next door to one of the really good guys on this forum and not know it.
    Good luck, there are a few good books to buy that will help you, one that really helps is the one from Saxson about deer stalking and when where......but sorry I can't remember the name. Someone here I'm sure will help.
    Cheers Sideshow

northdude
    hes in waitoki hunting the seasons is a good book to get another one is the spot x book i live near you so might be able to help you out

Hey mate I live in Kkk, best bet is to join north Auckland NZDA riverhead. There you will find other hunters who are also keen.
    The local hunting you will find in the back of wainui through to puhoi.
    Helensville clay club is also a good way to meet like minded people and they have a few shoots a year. I think they are having a working bee to upgrade the traps and paint/ maintain the sheds. Offer to help here for a few days and I'm sure you will meet a few people.

northdude
    hes in waitoki hunting the seasons is a good book to get another one is the spot x book i live near you so might be able to help you out also head over to the introductions and tell us about your self it gives people a bit of an insight about you and be easier for them to decide weather to help you out
    Sideshow likes this.