Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Newbie from BOP

  1. #1
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,470

    Newbie from BOP

    I have just found this site accidently while Googleing for porn. So hi guys and hopefully my new mentors, have just been reading one of the many magazines on hunting, available from the local garage station. I have decided to give this hunting lurk a bit of a go. Don't really want to spend to much money on a firearm and a firearm license, it's really only common sense after all and I wouldn't do anything stupid. Also I cant really be bothered to spend to much time and energy looking for a posse for myself and my 3 other likewise thinking mates. SOoo I thought that seeing youse fellas are such a good bunch of guys and pretty free with good advise, I thought I would ask and see who would be willing to take me and show me how it's all done. I got an Uncle who has a gun, not to sure what sort and when it was last used (cleaned) but I know where he keeps it when he's away, so I could grab that and my 3 other mate's reckon they can find, borrow or steal something as well. Also we have a couple of cool looking dogs that I know would be just the berries on anything out there, as they can really scrap. Need's to be a place fairly close to where I live, so that if you can't make it I can go back there with my mates and the dogs. Hopefully we will be able to find something with at least 12pts first, and then after that whatever turns up. We will buy you a crate if you help us. Thanks guys I will wait here till I get all of my replies. Also Google doesn't recognise Googleing wtf or wtf wtf
    sgteval likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  2. #2
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    Hope this didn't happen to you gapped axe
    VIVA LA HOWA

  3. #3
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    8,542
    PM @Gibo. I heard he will do anything for a box of Wockatoo
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

  4. #4
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,470
    I bet this has happened to all of us at sometime, whether it's hunting or fishing. This one is tongue in cheek thou.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  5. #5
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,470
    H'mm I was thinking Gibo or Rushy might be the Bee's knee's for this one.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  6. #6
    Member Twoshotkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    1,761
    Welcome GA . There are plenty of deer in your area! Just grab your uncles gun and head for the nearest farm with a high fence. Deer seem to hang around these big fences all day and don't seem to mind people in close proximity . All you need now is a big torch and some wire cutters. Get in there at night and find the most points... Bang.. It's easy carry from there! The local farmers love it when you leave the gut bag... Good fert for them! See all you had to do was ask aye.
    Let me know how you get on!
    veitnamcam, Bryan, Pointer and 9 others like this.
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

  7. #7
    Member Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mt Motutapere/Northern Alps
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I have just found this site accidently while Googleing for porn. So hi guys and hopefully my new mentors, have just been reading one of the many magazines on hunting, available from the local garage station. I have decided to give this hunting lurk a bit of a go. Don't really want to spend to much money on a firearm and a firearm license, it's really only common sense after all and I wouldn't do anything stupid. Also I cant really be bothered to spend to much time and energy looking for a posse for myself and my 3 other likewise thinking mates. SOoo I thought that seeing youse fellas are such a good bunch of guys and pretty free with good advise, I thought I would ask and see who would be willing to take me and show me how it's all done. I got an Uncle who has a gun, not to sure what sort and when it was last used (cleaned) but I know where he keeps it when he's away, so I could grab that and my 3 other mate's reckon they can find, borrow or steal something as well. Also we have a couple of cool looking dogs that I know would be just the berries on anything out there, as they can really scrap. Need's to be a place fairly close to where I live, so that if you can't make it I can go back there with my mates and the dogs. Hopefully we will be able to find something with at least 12pts first, and then after that whatever turns up. We will buy you a crate if you help us. Thanks guys I will wait here till I get all of my replies. Also Google doesn't recognise Googleing wtf or wtf wtf
    Just in case you or your mates didn't know but it is custom to tup your first animal, whether it is hind or stag, and it is ok to share...if you are unsure what tupping is, check with google.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

  8. #8
    Member sako75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Supercity
    Posts
    4,945
    Probably a dumb blonde with bit tits and tight ass

  9. #9
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    29,064
    GA grid reference 1234567, 8987654 on map V99 is a good spot to take animals anytime. The local cop will give you blokes a ride in for a hundy. Good luck
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  10. #10
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    16,354
    When I read this thread this morning I was thinking what has Gapped Axe been smoking
    Twoshotkill likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

  11. #11
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    3,470
    O come on guys surely there must be someone out there who needs hunting companions like us, look if it makes you feel better I wont bring a firearm, but could I bring along a spear gun, man these things are awesome and quite to.
    Gibo likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    17,554
    It's a lonely life living at Lake Tarawera, obviously as boring as shit or watching Nigellas crack, suggest you sell up and come over to the Bob Owens retirement village for the aged or/and bewildered , be fore it get serious!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  13. #13
    Member big_foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I have just found this site accidently while Googleing for porn. So hi guys and hopefully my new mentors, have just been reading one of the many magazines on hunting, available from the local garage station. I have decided to give this hunting lurk a bit of a go. Don't really want to spend to much money on a firearm and a firearm license, it's really only common sense after all and I wouldn't do anything stupid. Also I cant really be bothered to spend to much time and energy looking for a posse for myself and my 3 other likewise thinking mates. SOoo I thought that seeing youse fellas are such a good bunch of guys and pretty free with good advise, I thought I would ask and see who would be willing to take me and show me how it's all done. I got an Uncle who has a gun, not to sure what sort and when it was last used (cleaned) but I know where he keeps it when he's away, so I could grab that and my 3 other mate's reckon they can find, borrow or steal something as well. Also we have a couple of cool looking dogs that I know would be just the berries on anything out there, as they can really scrap. Need's to be a place fairly close to where I live, so that if you can't make it I can go back there with my mates and the dogs. Hopefully we will be able to find something with at least 12pts first, and then after that whatever turns up. We will buy you a crate if you help us. Thanks guys I will wait here till I get all of my replies. Also Google doesn't recognise Googleing wtf or wtf wtf
    Haha I think someones been in Rotorua to long

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    17,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Just in case you or your mates didn't know but it is custom to tup your first animal, whether it is hind or stag, and it is ok to share...if you are unsure what tupping is, check with google.
    It's pizzle dipping, mud, blood, or shit
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Waikato
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    GA grid reference 1234567, 8987654 on map V99 is a good spot to take animals anytime. The local cop will give you blokes a ride in for a hundy. Good luck
    Sounds like you have had dealings with the Rotorua crooks (cops).

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Another newbie
    By Richard Prosser in forum Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-01-2013, 10:11 AM
  2. Newbie
    By Taff in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 12:51 AM
  3. Newbie
    By samba in forum Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM
  4. Help a newbie out?
    By Angus_A in forum Hunting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
  5. Another Newbie!!!!
    By Mohawk660 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!