Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guypie

Thread: NZ Wildlife Act 1953 link

NZ Wildlife Act 1953 link

So a while ago I was trying to figure out if it was ok to shoot rock pigeons without a game license etc. and I came across this, which has everything you need to know for such matters as far as I can tell.
    Anyway I had a lot of difficulty finding it again because I couldn't remember the name of the act. So I thought I might post it here for anyone else who may be interested and did not know about it, or trying to figure out what they can and cannot hunt.

Wildlife Act 1953 No 31 (as at 13 March 2017), Public Act Contents – New Zealand Legislation

Anyway fun little fact, apparently Axis deer/chital were introduced into NZ. But after damaging crops they were exterminated. They are on the Wildlife act 1953, despite being eradicated in the 1920s.
    Some on here can probably give a lot more detail on that topic but that's what I learned today.
    199p likes this.