Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 21 Post By Gapped axe
  • 1 Post By stug

Thread: OK I have a yarn

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar

OK I have a yarn

But at the moment I.m at my batch so you wil have to wait. Teaser, it involves a sheep/lamb killer who also looked for me. Will post this week. He was areal piece of shit to
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Two dogs and a rifle stuff huh?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

"Tracking The Tarawera Tiger, Man and Sheep Killer"
    Boar Freak likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Never picked you for a click bait writer GA.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Last year a farm that I do security for was having a bit of pig attention giving to it's lambing season. There was the odd bit of old rooting and a number of dead and devoured lambs.
    I asked for advise and was told it could be sea gulls cleaning up natural birthing fatalities. I spent a bit of time doing the beats but the pig I believe that was responsible had moved on.
    Any way a number of weeks ago there was more damage done by pigs rooting up the paddocks, the farmer asked if I would like to have a go, and I did. One boar of around 80lbs and another that Jazz stopped but didn't hold. Posted photo and story on here. Two weeks ago I went looking for a deer on the same property.
    I saw 1 hind and 2 spikers plus 1 good fallow stag, but he was on the wrong side of the fence. No shots fired but some Semi wild sheep stuffed up my stalk.
    Last Monday the Son came over to help with a dive job and also to go for an evening hunt. Well we got to the top of the track and there were 3 sheep and 1 dead one. The dead 1 looked like it had been dogged but a bit hard to tell as was getting late, no deer seen. The next morning we went back up the track with the Son going 1 way and me in the opposite direction.
    My way took me past the dead sheep so I had a bit of a poke around and thought not dogs but a pig has killed this sheep. The animal was only a couple of years old 2 tooth, and was laying in a bit of a depression.
    So anyway I mooched along an old bulldozed track checking out the recent deer sign. I got to the end and text the farmer about the sheep that was killed, I then text the Son to say that I was on my way back, just as I pushed send Jazz went on hard point. Ok so she doesn't bullshit around what is it.
    I move around the corner a bit and I can see a farm sheep on the skyline some 150mtrs away, surely not a bloody sheep Jazz. A movement about10mtrs above me caught my eye and there's this bloody pig watching me.
    Just as I shot he moved (my way) and I ended hitting him high in the shoulder. He dropped and Jazz jumped up to check it out. I put my rifle down and also climbed up the cutting, well fuck me up jumps Mr Pig and has a go at Jazz. As he was facing away from me intent on Jazz I grabbed a back leg and his tail, well double fuck he wasn't keen on that and tried to turn. I then managed to grab the other leg and tip him over, but because the face was so steep he could roll back up again. Finally I got him down and knelt on him whilst holding on to his ear to stop him from getting me. I stuck him 3 times and holly shit it was like sitting on a bucking bronco. I knew that if I lost my hold I was going to get dealt to.
    Bloody Jazz just watched me. Hell where is the Son when you need him. Finally Mr. Pig died, or so I thought because as I got of him he again tried to get up, one more poke with the knife and finally succumbed to my efforts. Man I was shaking from exhaustion and excitement. The Son had heard the shot and was taking his time for safety reasons to get to me. The first thing he said was How the fuck are we going to get that out! The son who is 6'5 and 120kg of fit muscle said fuck carrying it lets drag it to where we can get a bike to it. I reminded him that when I was his age I had caught bigger pigs than this and carried them some distance's as well. So after about half an hour my vehicle was reached and the pig was off to get weighed. Dressed out and nuts and pizel off as well he went 170lb on the dot Just got the meat home from the Butchers and I would have to say that the sausages were amongst the best I have tried. He was in extremely good nick but the tusks were small, dog damaging type.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jakewire; 07-04-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Tahr, madjon_, Rich007 and 18 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Sausages taste like lamb? Good story, did well for an older guy!! Nice one!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

"ars longa, vita brevis"

Pig looks in good nick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmm. Pork sausages in the maimai.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Bravo, cracking time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Good stuff, the farmer will be pleased.
    Marty Henry likes this.

What a great story! Thanks I really enjoyed that.

What a monster!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing.

awesome

GA..Maybe you should be heading to Rodeos after all that practise eh...great job...