Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Piss Poor Nite Vision

Oh the irony..........
    75/15/10 black powder matters

In my experience a decline in vision is first and most noticeable at night. I had laser surgery 23 years ago and my vision is going again. They said I may need a correction surgery after 20 years or so and they were right. I'm off to have it done again next month, its worth every dollar for 20 years of good vision.

Been wearing Vuarnet sunglasses since 1987. My long is excellent but need glasses for reading. The eye strain from strong HB sunlight cannot be ignored. I wear them all year round.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Huntertoo
    Geez bluebaiter222, you were a late starter. Halogen and led. How many old farts carted 12v batteries in sacks in packs ? And buggered lotsa sets of overalls due to battery acid leaks.
    Used to start the lucas headlight bulb on 6 volts and heat it up before switching to 8 volts. Very bright for a while. This was when batteries had exposed lead joiner strips between the plates.

Apparently we as humans have about 3 or 4 distinct different eyeball configurations, some only have two colour receptors meaning they can't see some colours but make up for it with stellar night vision. Others have three colour receptors and can see the usual range of colours, with good amounts of night viewing bits in their eyeballs (rod vs cone receptors I think is how the facebook reel I saw the other day explained it). Others have four distinct colour receptors and can see all the range of colours and every shade in between which is apparently where I fitted into the tester thingy on that reel. Explains why I can't work out what people are going on about when those "is it gold or is it blue?" things end up on the joke threads, but also why I find it hard at the transition between dark and daylight.

Similar vein, I don't have any issue with car colours and used to be happy with any colour car as I have no trouble picking the car out of the background colours in the roads - but after being driven into or nearly driven into I will never ever buy another dark green or dark grey car. It was shocking actually the number of times people tried to drive into the forest green pulsar my wife had, I thought she was being precious until we swapped for a few days and f-that thing. People just literally could not see it.

Apart from that little speech, yeah any eyeball concerns get into the appropriate vet and get the checks done as a lot of things if caught early enough will be fixable or be prevented from getting worse at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertoo View Post
    Geez bluebaiter222, you were a late starter. Halogen and led. How many old farts carted 12v batteries in sacks in packs ? And buggered lotsa sets of overalls due to battery acid leaks.
    Used to start the lucas headlight bulb on 6 volts and heat it up before switching to 8 volts. Very bright for a while. This was when batteries had exposed lead joiner strips between the plates.
    Ha..my first trip into the Greenstone was with a 12volt battery in the pack. Three of us to be exact,but hey we were bullet proof lol.
    bluebaiter 222 I know where yi coming from and we both know carrots are bullshit too eh. Hours and wks into months and into years of cold bloody night shooting sure takes it's toll,,that and peering through scopes..yeah it's all part n parcel.
    Huntertoo and bluebaiter222 like this.