Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By cambo
  • 1 Post By BRADS
  • 2 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By cambo
  • 2 Post By leathel
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: Poachers being targeted

Poachers being targeted

Been talking to a high country farmer from up near Lake Coleridge/Lyndon today and he was telling me that the local plod are doing campouts to catch poachers.
    Been a real bad run up that way and the cockies have had enough.
    Especially now with deer attracting crops close to the road some may see it as too much of an easy veni score.

When caught poachers can expect at the very least to loose their FAL, gain a criminal conviction and also be trespassed from the area.
    Bulltahr and ebf like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

I wish the cops in Hawke's Bay had the same enthusiasm to deal with poachers....
    199p likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    As much as I sympathize with the farmers why not turn it into a positive? You grow a crop to feed your stock not some mangy feral. Why not work in with a reputable group of hunters (NZDA springs to mind) and organize a shoot over the crop paddock on a planned evening night/s. We all know how easy it is to bag these hungry things and many of the crops up here get nailed. Hows about a win win. Farmer gets 100% return on investment and groups of hunters have vested interest in discouraging poaching.
    kokako and phillipgr like this.

Banned
    bang on KJ weve been doing this same thing for Forestry owners who plant seedlings and want deers and goats contrlld fuckn easy as, i reckon poachers would not go to an area were they know other hunters are already there.

The farmers will let you on their land when asked.
    They're not banning hunters - just sick of poachers. It's not just wild deer being shot/taken
    BRADS likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Banned
    Some not all, and if was a cocky id be getting angry about it to.A hundful of poachers will always make it hard for the rest of us onest cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Some not all, and if was a cocky id be getting angry about it to.A hundful of poachers will always make it hard for the rest of us onest cunts.
    and the more cops camp out the better the chance of catching the poachers ruining it for honest hunters... Big ups the the local cops down there

Some are just too lazy to ask......
    gadgetman and kiwi39 like this.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Good to see. Remember guys, some farmers actually like to see deer around on their farms, or are hunters themselves, so getting hunters in to "cull" them isn't an option. And, just because a handful of deer are seen from the road doesn't mean an area is over run with them and they need culled out. Nor does it give anyone the right to shoot these animals without permission from the runholder . Good to see the cops being more proactive. We've noticed they are noticing our requests for action more now too, maybe the handful of recent night shooting incidents have had something to do with it.
    BRADS likes this.

Wish it was the same story in Wellington, I have my spot that i have been granted access to by the land owner but on no less than 4 occasions in the past 2 months they have found randoms on the land... one was the neighbour, the most recent was two blokes strolling along the access road with dogs and rifles.. claimed they thought they could go there!!! absolute bull shitt as the fences are clearly posted as private property

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Poaching is certainly a problem throughout the country. It is good seeing the Police being proactive.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Just last night the old man was woken in the middle of the night by idiots firing a high powered rifle down the road and yahooing. By the time he got down the drive all he found was a pile of rubbish and beer bottles, and a splattered hare on the road...

Had my first encounter with poachers on Tuesday night. The first thing the asked me while hiding the spotlight after I just saw them lamping was "have you been spotlighting" in an aggressive voice.

Scummy coasters. So disgusted.

Aparently the local cop spotlights too.

Chris