Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Policing cost recovery

Please excuse me if I have posted this to the wrong page but this email has just come thru to me from gunstuff... Is this just news to me or everybody else?

http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/sc/make-submission/51SCLO_SCF_00DBHOH_BILL13189_1/policing-cost-recovery-amendment-bill

The email I was sent as the link doesn't work...

Dear GunStuff.co.nz Users,

In the last 5 days information has come to light, that parliament are looking to pass an amendment to the Policing Act 2008 to enable them to charge for a number of Police “demand services”.

Though the Police have previously alluded to such a process being 'looked at', to date most firearms groups were not aware that this process had already begun.

The issuing of Permits to Procure and Permits to Import under the Arms Act seem to meet the criteria of 'demand services' as do applications for Firearms Licenses and Endorsements!

In Short - if you or anyone else in New Zealand wanted to import firearms, parts of firearms OR change/renew your firearms license OR apply for a permit to procure a pistol, MSSA or other restricted firearm in future - the Police are looking to charge us - the Taxpayers - for this service which is currently free.

This appears to be a blatant attempt at cost recovery from the shooting public who are already paying for the Police to provide these services as dictated by the Arms Act, and if it passes - this will only mean higher prices for shooting consumables, accessories, parts and complete firearms in future; as retailers will have no choice but to pass these increased costs onto consumers.

So make your voice heard and make a submission!

Shooters have until the 5th of February to send in submissions challenging any potential extra future charges!

We strongly encourage all shooters to make a submission!

The following is the link to the process of making a submission:

New Zealand Parliament - Policing (Cost Recovery) Amendment Bill

Make your voice heard!

Regards,

Mark & Dan

GunStuff.co.nz

Click here to unsubscribe from Newsletter

northdude
    I don't think its free I had to pay to get a firearms licence