Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: pureora

northdude

pureora

anyone been in there lately last time I was there it had been 1080d and there wasn't much life thinking of heading down there soon cheers nd

Think the northern blocks have been 1080'd but should be clear by now the rest hasn't been done for a while...... so expect it to be done again in the next 12 months..... when are you going down? And which block? Haven't been down for about 6 months winter might be less cyclists around maybe

northdude
    end of next week probably look at northen block

In North block most weeks, few deer around plus heaps of bonnet hunters. Get well away from where they can drive.
    Blisters likes this.

northdude
    cool thanks for that

Was in there for the roar for a few days staying at waihora lagoon hunting from there. Lots of stags roaring. A bit of deer and pig sign around but not shitloads

Shot a nice 10pt stag 3 weeks ago in the north block.
    Blisters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    end of next week probably look at northen block
    pack your snow shoes...... and port......gunna be cold

northdude
    Yeah I know been camping in winter before soon sorts out who the mummy's boys are

Yeah I know been camping in winter before soon sorts out who the mummy's boys are
    They way it was there today I would take "mummy" with you, fn cold with worse to come.
    scotty and Zamkiwi like this.

That's the spot I will be looking at in September, bit of spring grass mite bring them out. I was in the Piropiro flats camp a week before Easter as I thought it would be quite, no such luck, every 4x4, ATV , and hordes of bikers was there, and the roads a bit of a mess. So will try the north block for a look see as I have only been in once many years a go and I will be " Glamping", being a bit older I can't tramp in like I used to and make camp, my camp now is a small caravan, with a heater, fridge, craper, shower, no bloody tv! hurray , base camp it is. I was looking at maybe fly camping out one night, tried out my old sleeping bag, bloody hell it darn near strangled me when I did the zip up, some thing has changed shape.
    My plan is to drive in a bit and look for a camp spot to park up for five days and have a quite look around.
    hotsoup likes this.

The road into North Block off HW30 is a pot holed mess, no one wants to claim ownership of it. The local council has posted a sign stating it's not theirs. DOC don't want to know, even though they have paid in the past for grading etc.

northdude
    might be a change of plan my apprentice has a flu so playing eskimos might not be a good idea always happens when I make a plan weeks ahead

might be a change of plan my apprentice has a flu so playing eskimos might not be a good idea always happens when I make a plan weeks ahead
    I'd be tempted to come, I'm based in Cambridge @northdude

northdude
    That would be cool but we are leaving now for dargaville to check out a couple of forests up that way just be goats this time hopefully she doesn't get to sick had to organise accom got the last place that was cheap