Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 300CALMAN
  • 3 Post By Ryan
  • 1 Post By Chris

Thread: Rabbit Hunt

Rabbit Hunt

Hi there - I'm new to the forum and keen to get into hunting.

Is anyone here has a farm near by Auckland, then I could come and do some rabbit hunting .

Cheers

Kev

Banned
    Its good that you want to get into hunting , but I think you may need to go and see farmers around the area first . We have all been where you are. but have also call into ask . Dairy supply number can help you on a Saturday morning after 8.30

Hi Kawekakid interesting.. what does "Dairy supply number can help you on a Saturday morning after 8.30" mean? Sorry for the ignorant townie question. sounds like some secret code.
    petree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Hi Kawekakid interesting.. what does "Dairy supply number can help you on a Saturday morning after 8.30" mean? Sorry for the ignorant townie question. sounds like some secret code.
    That is around the time you will find a cocky indoors after the morning milking is complete.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

yea my partners dad doesn't let me lose until he has milked the cows buts that's because he wants to come out as well
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Thanks for the explanation Dundee, unfortunately not too many dairy farms close to Auckland now mostly life style blockers, many who are terrified of guns they do get upset when the possums and rabbits eat their gardens and trees though. If you are prepared to go further out there are larger farms (with dairy numbers). Kevin0312, finding a spot to hunt small game is one of the most difficult things, around Auckland especially. It usually takes time and patients and sometimes just good luck. Cold calling can work, put the word out that you will kill possums also as that will sometimes get you on to a property where nothing else will. Good luck!

thanks for that, bro

Thank you 300CALMAN ! I will try what you said. Just like what you said, it is so different to find a farm around Auckland area. if you know some of them ,send me a msg,please! Thanks a lots.

Go and look around helensville and south auckland (alfriston, papakura, clevedon etc) you will find farms try knocking on a few doors
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Thank you hunter308; tried knocking the doors in the south Auckland, it doesn't work much; I may try Helensville next time

Go a littler further out in south ak, Ararimu, Paparimu, Momokai, some larger properties out there running into the ranges

Or you could try mountain biking:

Name:  wabbit.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  293.5 KB
    veitnamcam, Dundee and Dynastar27 like this.

Hi Kev , I put this on Facebook yesterday morning on the local page .
    "Any farmers out there with a rabbit problem ? Have a b/lab that needs exercise & mad on retrieving .I run a suppressed .22 with sub's.Also looking for a pond for next season ."

An hour later I had a 700+ acre property to shoot.Had pretty much cleaned out the other 2 farms I been doing
    The property also has some ponds & swamp area's so I gonna look after this contact
    Keep in mind farmers are busy people & you'll find them very approachable if you want to do their pest control .
    Go for a drive & do some door knocking you maybe pleasantly surprised
    Dundee likes this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Ejected
    Lunchtime and 6:00pm just after the evening milking but before dinner is a good time to catch farmers at home.

The other thing is to find a area that has good rabbit numbers and then door knock in that area. Lifestyle blocks are too small and close to houses to bother in my opinion.