Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Seven Sharp

Seven Sharp

A really good, positive gun/hunting story on TV tonight

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...gned-just-them
    outdoorlad, kiwiaviator and Daithi like this.

I'm surprised there are no comments about the piece? I thought it was nice to see a good news hunting story

was a good article. had to watch it online thru the link as i no longer watch broadcast tv.
    so many years in the broadcast industry and watched it all turn to PC shite

R93
    I think it was a horrible advert for our way of life. Not the idea, just the footage.

Anti hunting types will be insenced by watching the footage and not even hear or listen to the intended message.
    Even that skank Barry got a shot in before the story was aired. Saying it was WORSE that the whole community was behind the event.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I think it was a horrible advert for our way of life. Not the idea, just the footage.

Anti hunting types will be insenced by watching the footage and not even hear or listen to the intended message.
    Even that skank Barry got a shot in before the story was aired. Saying it was WORSE that the whole community was behind the event.

And her offsider right at the end started to try and make an issue over shooting magpies but they had obviously run out of time and the item closed.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And her offsider right at the end started to try and make an issue over shooting magpies but they had obviously run out of time and the item closed.

C’mon, he was winding Hilary up “magpies aren’t pests, some can sing the National Anthem” is pretty much what Jeremy said

I thought it was realistic and positive and I did not see/here Hilary or Jeremy say anything to the contrary.
    bumblefoot and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    I thought it was realistic and positive and I did not see/here Hilary or Jeremy say anything to the contrary.
    Me too
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

"I think it was a horrible advert for our way of life"

Like most Media today - has a target and hidden agenda (not so hidden to logical thinkers)
    This hit the bulls eye no doubt

Listening now to ZB on West Coast and its restriction of natural resources - most of course coming from same place as those Studio clowns/parrots
    Had a women from Forrest & Bird on - jesus :-(
    Then a woman from coast was on (just a ring in) - boy she was good - why can't people like her get into these "influential" seat/positions
    Think the answer is obvious
    Negative News/Statements/Views etc - get way more clicks than good common sense ones
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    Me too
    They are the "seed sowers"
    Let it grow itself while keeping a face/stance of "neutrality"
    R93 and Phil_H like this.

Really great to see this type of thing going on,, although the controlled media would rather boast young kids playing video games where they kill so called bad people eh.
    chainsaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    Really great to see this type of thing going on,, although the controlled media would rather boast young kids playing video games where they kill so called bad people eh.
    Yes - most mass shooting in last decade are almost identical to action seen in Video Games
    I am stating this with a son making huge income from being a developer
    So I personally think Video games and developers are more responsible for failure in society for idiots that go off the rails with weapons on man kind - than registered FAL holders or specific weapon actions

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Yes - most mass shooting in last decade are almost identical to action seen in Video Games
    I am stating this with a son making huge income from being a developer
    So I personally think Video games and developers are more responsible for failure in society for idiots that go off the rails with weapons on man kind - than registered FAL holders or specific weapon actions
    Id have to disagree with this. Ive played violent videogames for 25+ years and ive never thought about emulating that sort if behaviour. I think some people are born with the wrong wiring. Blaming video games or movies or other outside influences is pretty much the same as ssying guns kill people.

Now dont get me wrong, im sure that in a few instances some people with the wrong wiring will have seen a film or played a game that influenced a decision to harm others but its not fair as a blanket statement.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aetchell View Post
    Id have to disagree with this. Ive played violent videogames for 25+ years and ive never thought about emulating that sort if behaviour. I think some people are born with the wrong wiring. Blaming video games or movies or other outside influences is pretty much the same as ssying guns kill people.

Now dont get me wrong, im sure that in a few instances some people with the wrong wiring will have seen a film or played a game that influenced a decision to harm others but its not fair as a blanket statement.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
    That's like me (and prob 100% other on here)
    I have used "potentially" violent weapons for near on 60 years and never thought about emulating mass shooting behavior

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I played space invaders once and never understood what the big deal was. I have never played a video game since. Does this make me a closet pacifist?
    Cordite and Phil_H like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    No.....Just an 'Old Bugger'

Cheers
    Phil
    Ha ha ha ha. My almost twenty year old grandson plays the games in his bedroom all the time and won’t take up my offers to use real firearms out in the fresh air.
    Phil_H likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms