Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sitka Gear

HOO

Sitka Gear

Anyone own much Sitka gear?? Specifically the Jetstream Jacket. Good reviews from what I read. I'm starting to realise spending decent money on gear can be worth it in the long run. I find a lot of the hunters element/stoney creek type of stuff to not be too flash after not a long enough amount of time.

I have a 90% jacket must be 8 years old and worn a lot, getting a bit thin now but I would buy another

I've got the Thunderhead jacket - like it allot, hunting in the north island during autumn/winter/spring and dont find it too hot, although it hasn't got pit zips which would be a nice addition. Not a really stealthy quiet jacket but quiet enough and seems to have gotten quieter as I have worn it in...

Hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have some Sitka but I have more Kuiu... either brand you can’t go wrong with.

On a side note the late founder of Kuiu was also a business partner for Sitka but branched away to pursue his dreams.
    stagstalker likes this.

Where can you buy Sitka and kuiu gear here in nz?

Kuiu is only bought online

its not the "Brand" that matters. US made gear seems to hold together better and their customer service is generally awesome.
    Their gear is likely made in the same factories its just unlike in NZ they have learned that the "make it as cheap as you can and sell it for maximum price and run away if there is an issue or if it falls apart" sales model is not a good one.

My Sitka stuff is really good and worn most every day, my Stoney Creek Shooters jacket has been worn far less often and the closures (domes) have gone and it leaks) it was not much cheaper than the Sitka. I have had 3 Stowat jackets in the same time frame, they are good for what they are.
    The only thing I dont like about the American stuff is all the jackets are short length

I buy my Sitka Stuff from these guys /safarisupply.co.nz when / if I spot it on clearance deal
    hotsoup and stagstalker like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny White Boy View Post
    Where can you buy Sitka and kuiu gear here in nz?
    Safari Supply Co for Sitka
    Online Kuiu website

Don't let your wife see
    hotsoup and stagstalker like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    its not the "Brand" that matters. US made gear seems to hold together better and their customer service is generally awesome.
    Their gear is likely made in the same factories its just unlike in NZ they have learned that the "make it as cheap as you can and sell it for maximum price and run away if there is an issue or if it falls apart" sales model is not a good one.

My Sitka stuff is really good and worn most every day, my Stoney Creek Shooters jacket has been worn far less often and the closures (domes) have gone and it leaks) it was not much cheaper than the Sitka. I have had 3 Stowat jackets in the same time frame, they are good for what they are.
    The only thing I dont like about the American stuff is all the jackets are short length

I buy my Sitka Stuff from these guys /safarisupply.co.nz when / if I spot it on clearance deal
    Hi. Any idea what your jacket is? I am also looking for a new waterproof option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hi. Any idea what your jacket is? I am also looking for a new waterproof option.

Rain ger from any hunting brand is top dollar but I would think it will work I'm still too tight to buy Sitka Stuff at $1000 bucks for their Stormfront Jacket and similar for the pants I would hope it also shot, gutted and carried out your deer while you had a coffee
    bumblefoot likes this.

Have a look at the Kuiu Yukon jacket. I was wearing one the other day and was very impressed. Mind you most their items impress me..

Not quite the same thing but their foam lined gunbags make a damn good standby sleeping mat when you leave your thermarest behind.
    G.I_Joel likes this.

I have the sitka cloudburst jacket myself, rate it highly.

Have worn it for a while and doesnt let water through it. Have tried cheap ones mates have and don't compare well to the sitka stuff
    Danny likes this.

https://safarisupply.co.nz/products/...open-country-1
    Bit small for me but may be of interest to some.

Dan M

I have the Sitka Jetstream. Its better built and lasting a lot better than the equivalent Kuiu Guide jacket.

Buy one and enjoy the quality long after the price has been forgotten.
    mikee likes this.